Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guildford, Surrey, GU1.

Breaking :-(

The only reason is because the DAS module has failed/died and a replacement is unavailable from Mercedes.

1999 SLK 230 (R170)

MOT due: 01/10/20

New 16" Yokohama Advan tyres all round (7mm rear, 8mm front)
New rear pads (50 miles of wear!)
New Continental belts
New roof motor (2yrs old - tbc)
New EU H4 headlights (not shown)
New projector style headlights (broken tab & not fitted)
New fuel cap (still waiting to be collected from Mercedes dealership)

Lacquer peel on bonnet, roof, boot lid and starting on quarter panels. Wings starting to rust in known areas.

Paint job on the doors is perfect.

Interior a little more worn than shown (the photo lies!). New photos upon request for parts.

If someone wants the whole car, it will need to be towed or stuck on a trailer. No idea on cost, only what the scrap man will pay - circa £150.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,156 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Such as shame at such a low mileage too.
If you end up breaking it up I might be interested in the tyres/wheels poss a few other bits but I haven't got the space to take a whole car.

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Such as shame at such a low mileage too.
If you end up breaking it up I might be interested in the tyres/wheels poss a few other bits but I haven't got the space to take a whole car.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Definitely breaking as haven't had any interest in the whole car. I've also listed on a UK FB group with parts due to come off at the weekend. It's the way it's gone.

I need to contact the various car/scrap collectors and find out how they collect a car with no wheels (may be a non-runner...quite literally!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the FB post:

1999 SLK 230 (R170)

MOT due: 01/10/20

All parts plus postage, although more than welcome to collect. Make an offer as I'm flexible.

£20 - EBC Ultimax rear pads (50 miles of wear!)

£100 - Roof motor (5yrs old)

£150 - [2017] Projector style headlights (fitted for a couple of weeks, but I broke the tab (see photo), so bought replacement H4 headlights)

£100 - [2017] H4 headlights (need to keep the stickers as LHD - were sold as RHD unbeknown to me until last MOT. Perfect if you're driving through Europe though!)

£24 - New fuel cap (still waiting to be collected from Mercedes dealership)

£18ea - 2x Brake pedal switches (1 switch has 50 miles of wear!)

£5 - Replacement speaker cover for drivers door (not fitted)

£50 - All parts to retrofit heater pads into original seats (heater pads, switches, fake carbon surround)

£150 - Central locking pump

£200 - Engine (requires £50 deposit if you need me to remove it)

£150 - Gearbox (requires £50 deposit if you need me to remove it)

£80 - Torque converter (requires £50 deposit if you need me to remove it - if bought with gearbox, £200 for the both)

£40 - Door sill trim (pair)

£40 - Genuine floor mats (pair)

Lacquer peel on bonnet, roof, boot lid and starting on quarter panels. Front wings starting to rust.

Paint job on the doors is perfect.

For the bigger/more awkward parts, I have a courier I can use. He'll deal direct.
Adrian @ 07946 641392. He's very good and very well priced.

PayPal, bank transfer, cash on collection. All welcome.

Will ship worldwide.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Dave,

Definitely breaking as haven't had any interest in the whole car. I've also listed on a UK FB group with parts due to come off at the weekend. It's the way it's gone.

I need to contact the various car/scrap collectors and find out how they collect a car with no wheels (may be a non-runner...quite literally!).

Did you get any luck with collection without wheels?

Dave

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,936 Posts
@MaxD he is not a regular visitor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you get any luck with collection without wheels?

Dave
Hi Dave,
I didn't get a notification for this post...

The car won't be collected without wheels, so they have to stay for the moment unless I can find alternative.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Dave,

The car won't be collected without wheels, so they have to stay for the moment unless I can find alternative.
Ok no worries, I'm sorted now for wheels but thank you

·
11,936 Posts
Hi Dave,

Do you subscribe to it? You were notified
the first time as I put --> @MaxD <-- in my post.

·
11,936 Posts
well, you should post in the community forum feedback thread about that. Others seem to have that issue as well.

You should get a notification (not necessarily an email) that you were mentioned in a thread (avatar top right should have a red dot in it then "alerts" should be lit up).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, you should post in the community forum feedback thread about that. Others seem to have that issue as well.

You should get a notification (not necessarily an email) that you were mentioned in a thread (avatar top right should have a red dot in it then "alerts" should be lit up).
Got your reply via email notification. Had no idea the red dot meant anything, so have ignored it. Seeing as I'm only active when I get an email notification, it's not a surprise. ;-)

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
26 Posts
@MaxD - Are you saying that collection with wheels would make it impossible for you to remove the rear sub-frame, as the car will then need to be on a dolly for collection ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts