Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
What is that thing? Another one of those Chinese-inspired large hatchbacks like the BMW Gran Coupes or the Accord Crosstour. More than a four door sedan, not quite a wagon, sort of a crossover, all overweight and over-tall. Sad. Hate to see Mercedes-Benz chase every single market segment simply because one exists. Especially if fugly vehicles are the result.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I agree, not a fan of these SUV coupe style vehicles like the BMW X6, crosstour, ZDX, etc. Porsche is coming out with one as well. Not sure why, if the X6, Crosstour, and ZDX sales are any indication of demand. Why keep making cars that people are not buying?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Strictly my opinion and like/dislike! Sorry I don't like the sculpted crease lines across the sides of the car. Newer cars are getting overly complicated in their visual design. Some of us still like simplicity.

·
Registered 2005 SLK280
39 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled - Jaguar SUV on the way... Prob a couple of years, but remember where you heard it first!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I agree, not a fan of these SUV coupe style vehicles like the BMW X6, crosstour, ZDX, etc. Porsche is coming out with one as well. Not sure why, if the X6, Crosstour, and ZDX sales are any indication of demand. Why keep making cars that people are not buying?
People are buying; just not very many in North America. This SUV Coupe styling is very popular in China, and sells well there. The cars are offered in other markets to further improve economies of scale. The average Chinese isn't wealthy enough to buy these cars, but it's the small percentage of a billion and a half people who can that is driving the design ethos. So we're stuck with it, to the extent that we have to look at the ones we see on the roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts