Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
* Registered - From UK
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have recently purchased my first Mercedes SLK230😁 after owning several different model Fords I thought I’d try something a bit different and more fun.

So I did a lot of homework and set out to find my ideal first R170. First was the colour, I decided I didn’t want to have the more common silver, black or blue’s. Secondly, it had to have the aluminium dash trim. And finally it was a MUST to have full service history with reasonable millage and be free of rust.

So after weeks of screen scrolling I finally found this and instantly fell in love! So say please welcome me and my 2003 SKL230 ☺

It has full service history, only 2 previous owners and 93000 miles. I’m absolutely thrilled with it and now I plan to make a few subtle changes to make it even better.

I will start another thread where I will upload before and after pics of everything I do. But the plans are to get some new 18” rims, upgrade the exhaust system, fit a SPEER pully and chip-tuning kit and upgrade the pads and discs.

anyway that’s all for now. I look forward to being a part of the forum. Cheers

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
104,505 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Claim your free gift!

FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.

FREE!! How to get a free datacard!

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

·
Super Moderator (UK)
33,373 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, this may help.

Our forum rules:

There's a link to R170/171/172's do it yourself threads below.
R170 DIYS:- SLK R170 class DIY
R171 DIYS:- SLK R171 Class DIY
R172 DIYS:- SLK R172 Class DIY

Some useful tips in this section for new Members and prospective owners.
>>>Link to new owner guides<<<

You can find your region by scrolling down the page on this link
This is the place to look for tours, meets & events near to you.

Look across the banner and you'll see three vertical dots.
Many questions on how to use the forum and it's features answered there.
You'll also find the >>>FAQs<<<

Click the 5 horizontal lines near the banner.
Scroll down and you'll find a huge section of info.

You can research your questions here.
Here's how to search:

Have a look in the R170 performance mods section. Some handy folk in there.
Watch out for @Dave2302 @M4rCu5 @Turdo2 and @Alex.M-oneeleven

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
24 Posts

Got mine from Jay also :), enjoy!

Personally, I'd keep it on stock sized wheels, either 16" or the 17" AMG wheels. Kept mine at 16 and fitted Michelin PS4 on all wheels.

Better off spending money on replacing all filters and fluids.
(including gearbox filter + connector plug pilot bushing)

Also get some krytox 105 for the seals..

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
17,729 Posts
Welcome from Canada 🇨🇦😀

Reactions: SLK_cheeky_Chal

·
* Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 R 170 2.3 L
90 Posts
Hi. I have recently purchased my first Mercedes SLK230😁 after owning several different model Fords I thought I’d try something a bit different and more fun.

So I did a lot of homework and set out to find my ideal first R170. First was the colour, I decided I didn’t want to have the more common silver, black or blue’s. Secondly, it had to have the aluminium dash trim. And finally it was a MUST to have full service history with reasonable millage and be free of rust.

So after weeks of screen scrolling I finally found this and instantly fell in love! So say please welcome me and my 2003 SKL230 ☺
View attachment 594644

It has full service history, only 2 previous owners and 93000 miles. I’m absolutely thrilled with it and now I plan to make a few subtle changes to make it even better.

I will start another thread where I will upload before and after pics of everything I do. But the plans are to get some new 18” rims, upgrade the exhaust system, fit a SPEER pully and chip-tuning kit and upgrade the pads and discs.

anyway that’s all for now. I look forward to being a part of the forum. Cheers
Love the color..Silver right?..hey wait didn't you say no Silver or Black?..post some more pictures of her...we need our SLK fix you know...lol have owned my 2003 SLK Kompressor since new...one owner and 58,000 miles..these cars are a joy and fun to work on,does the roof function? Keep an eye on that rear center bumper trim as they get smacked a lot and usually crack right down the middle...happened to me and a year ago I bought a used one and had it painted and I'm still afraid to put it on..it's $100.00 part plus paint work.

·
* Registered - From UK
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the color..Silver right?..hey wait didn't you say no Silver or Black?..post some more pictures of her...we need our SLK fix you know...lol have owned my 2003 SLK Kompressor since new...one owner and 58,000 miles..these cars are a joy and fun to work on,does the roof function? Keep an eye on that rear center bumper trim as they get smacked a lot and usually crack right down the middle...happened to me and a year ago I bought a used one and had it painted and I'm still afraid to put it on..it's $100.00 part plus paint work.
Hi, yep roof works perfectly and so does everything works at it should 😜 technically you are right as this colour is called “pewter silver” but is like a weird gold/grey/silver 🤣 I’m gonna get it siting on a nice set of 18’s and maybe drop it 30mm? 🤔

I’ll get some more pics up soon......

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,799 Posts
Hi, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland :)

Reactions: SLK_cheeky_Chal
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.