Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

* Registered
SLK 200 2014
Discussion Starter #1
this question is aimed at U.K members (sorry rest of the world) has anyone had a remap from a company called Remap kings. They get a lot of good reviews on Trustpilot and seem like a reputable company. The gains they are showing are pretty pretty good (Larry David馃槀) but would be nice to know someone who had had this done and their thoughs.

cheers folks 馃憤

Premium Member 2017 SLC200
I did a quick search for Remap Kings, and looked to see what they could do to my SLC 200. They quote from 184 bhp to 204 bhp after remap and torque from 250 to 301. That did not seem much of a gain in bhp to me.

Celtic quote bhp from 181 to 239 and torque from 221 to 304. I know a lot is the torque but that is a big difference in bhp. I have only heard good things about Celtic and know a few people that have been pleased with them. Celtic is who I will be using when the time is right.

* Registered
SLK 200 2014
Discussion Starter #4
I did a quick search for Remap Kings, and looked to see what they could do to my SLC 200. They quote from 184 bhp to 204 bhp after remap and torque from 250 to 301. That did not seem much of a gain in bhp to me.

Celtic quote bhp from 181 to 239 and torque from 221 to 304. I know a lot is the torque but that is a big difference in bhp. I have only heard good things about Celtic and know a few people that have been pleased with them. Celtic is who I will be using when the time is right.
Hi Jules
The figures I got quoted from remap kings were bhp from 184 - 221 and torque 270 - 381.
i checked our Celtic and they were not a lot different for my car so I鈥檒l stick with them.

hopefully it will make a nice difference 馃憤

Premium Member 2018 SLC43
Be interesting see the before & after Power/Torque graphs for these company's:

Quality, not Quantity: For example the R172/SLC43 was increased from 367hp to 390hp, but up to 2500rpm, the older 367hp SLC43 would on paper be faster in day to day driving - See this post:

*Premium Member
2007 SLK 55 AMG
this question is aimed at U.K members (sorry rest of the world) has anyone had a remap from a company called Remap kings. They get a lot of good reviews on Trustpilot and seem like a reputable company. The gains they are showing are pretty pretty good (Larry David馃槀) but would be nice to know someone who had had this done and their thoughs.

cheers folks 馃憤
Hi @Nickcotton1962 ,

My brother had his car remapped with them a few years back, it was a Merc GLE diesel, he was happy with the outcome. They come to you and remap.

Personally, I prefer a 're-mapper' with a rolling road/dyno. Your map can be tailored and you can see the results - these guys are the best I've found (UK) - www.customtuning.co.uk

Best
Gav

* Registered
2005 slk 280 6 mt
Do they actually test them on the dyno before and after remapping or is this done just by calculation??
I have a friend who pays 拢200 a go to get all his cars remapped, the chap comes to him with his laptop spends a couple of hours out in his car running it up and down and then claims he has gained another 40-50 bhp plus a million torques...it tickles me!

* Registered
SLK 200 2014
Discussion Starter #8
Hi @Nickcotton1962 ,

My brother had his car remapped with them a few years back, it was a Merc GLE diesel, he was happy with the outcome. They come to you and remap.

Personally, I prefer a 're-mapper' with a rolling road/dyno. Your map can be tailored and you can see the results - these guys are the best I've found (UK) - www.customtuning.co.uk

Best
Gav
Cheers Gav

nice to know someone who鈥檚 had it done and was happy. They say if there鈥檚 no improvement in your opinion you get a refund so they must be pretty confident in there product.

cheers

Registered 2005 SLK350
I used Remap kings for my Ford ranger pick up and was really pleased with the result, it has ironed out some mid range torque issues i was having and transformed my pick up to a torque monster, great service, engineer turned up on time and was pleasant and seemed to know what he was talking about as i have had a few cars remapped before, 拢250 well worth it

* Registered
SLK 200 2014
Discussion Starter #10
I used Remap kings for my Ford ranger pick up and was really pleased with the result, it has ironed out some mid range torque issues i was having and transformed my pick up to a torque monster, great service, engineer turned up on time and was pleasant and seemed to know what he was talking about as i have had a few cars remapped before, 拢250 well worth it
Hi man

brilliant thanks for that, puts my mind at ease

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts