Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fitted all season tyres to their car? Had some fitted last week (Radars). The car has been very twitchy since, in fact it feels downright dangerous even in a straight line. The mechanic agreed. They are going to change them. Last February with winter tyres almost lost control on a bend not going too quickly on a dry road.

Is it a case of summer tyres only on an SLK?

Phil

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Never had all-season tyres but when my SLK was my daily driver I had Michelin Alpins fitted in winter. Ran fine,absolutely no problem. Radars are not sold here but when I look at how they are priced on the internet I think they are ultra-low budget. You get what you paid for.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True you get what you pay for, but they still have to pass certain safety tests. I was told these were mid-priced tyres (in the UK anyway).

·
Super Moderator
24,900 Posts
Used Michelin PS4s on the 55 and all year round driver (including driving in snow).
Been very happy with them.

Used Michelins on 230 before that and equally happy.

Wife has Bridgestone on the 350. Not bad, but for the price difference she is switching to Michelin when due.

There is sticker stuff for summer and grippier for winter, but I don't want to be swapping and storing for the sake of it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I fitted Goodyear Vector 4 seasons to my old SLK230 and was delighted with them. I had to go to the non staggered configuration as they weren’t available in the rear tyre size.
Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
Never had all-season tyres but when my SLK was my daily driver I had Michelin Alpins fitted in winter. Ran fine,absolutely no problem. Radars are not sold here but when I look at how they are priced on the internet I think they are ultra-low budget. You get what you paid for.......
I've got the same alpins fitted to my 43 and they too are absolutely perfect in all conditions. I'll leave them on until may and swap them for Michelin cup 2s .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eventually I got some Uniroyal RainSports fitted. Still not perfect for the first few weeks but I'm happy to say they now seem to have bedded in and I can throw the car around corners without any issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts