Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. It's that time again and I need new rubber all round using R18's. Currently using the OEM Pirelli Rosso's but thinking of improving, particularly wet grip. So little detail on manufacturers websites and a lot of the ones I would like such as Contisport Contact 5P or 6 don't supply in our size. Pirelli are the worst at providing any useful info. I do know the Corsa must be good because they're 60% more than the rest but frankly what the difference between the Rosso's or just plain old P Zero's are, I do not know and Pirelli do not seem to say. Prices in the UK are all over the place and do not proffer any logical place in the hierarchy either. I am seriously considering the Michelin Super Sport but any comments would be appreciated. I don't track, just want predictable grip and no more rear wheel spin in the wet at 60mph! Thanks all!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,357 Posts
I have recently put Goodyear F1 asymmetric 3's on the front of Mabel. They are grippier in the wet than the Michelins ps3's I replaced. They are are also quieter. Too soon to say how they are wearing, but they seem well priced and I'm delighted with them so far. Will be putting them on the rear when they're due.:smile:

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
714 Posts
Currently my 2013 55 AMG is fitted with Continental ContiSportContact 5p's and, whilst i have not covered many miles, I would happily recommend based on the feel and feedback so far...

·
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F1s definitely considering along with the pss. Continental do not list 18" options on the 5p or 6. I guess the later cars have 19" rims?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

·
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS4 is supposed to be a very good tyre and superior to the Super Sport but, only come in 19" rims and above!

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.