Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends

Could anybody recommend some tyres for me for my SLK32 AMG?

I live in London so it's mostly city driving with weekends trips away; as everyone seems to enjoy reminding us, it rains here rather frequently, but hardly ever snows. I'm looking for something long-lasting.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,
Jonathan.

PS. I drive in what is probably best described as an "unthrilling" manner :)

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm ... the sound of tumbleweeds ... not even any sarcasm regarding my driving! Must be summertime and everybody's out driving, roof down, bugs in hair. Regards from very summery London. Jonathan.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I second the vote for the Michelin PE2. They are really nice, but not cheap tires.

A source I have frequently used is Tirerack.com which has a lot of personal reviews for different tires. Apparently the PE2's are quieter and have better wet characteristics than most tires in this class.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Jonathan

I too am in London. I researched tyres for similar driving and of course, our fabulous weather. I came to the conclusion that Goodyear F1 got the best reviews for wet braking and grip and equalled Michelin Sport 2 in other categories. I also found that I could get them fitted for £130 a piece (EventTyres, mobile serivce that come to your house) which was about £60 per tyre cheaper than the Michelin range. Some people insist that Michelin tyres are better, but in tests the F1 were superior.

Tell me mate, does your car tick over smoothly at idle ? Having a bit of an issue with mine..

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the suggestions ... in the end I got Pirelli Rosso and they seem splendid so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.