1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for posting those. I'm liking the new SLK55 AMG more and more (funny how that works). I wonder if the spin doctors at Renntech, Kleemann etc will have a supercharger for this thing??

·
Registered
35 Posts
The rear almost reminds me of the SLR McLaren while the front reminds me of the SLR (not bad things I might add). This is definitely becoming a contender for a second vehicle...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Now the new R172 is more like a German car but to me the R171 is like an Italian design. I still like the front view of my R171.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Now the new R172 is more like a German car but to me the R171 is like an Italian design. I still like the front view of my R171.
I agree. I think the 172 has lost the sports car look with that bulging bonnet (hood) The 171 has that look that will make it a classic :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just read the figures for horse power for r172 amg..around 400hp and around 400 trq out of a 5.5 v8 turbo. Other than a cleaner engine there is lots more potential in the motor since porsche turbos have been making this power out of 3.6 ltr for over 10 years. Just a bit disappointing figures for a great car. I guess it's like the cayman so much potential yet always on the back burner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.