Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or Wimpos, in Minion-speak. And that's what we yell at them as we pass by, if their tops are up. Yesterday it was 76 degrees in PDX, and we went out to a winery event nearby and ran some errands in the afternoon. During our travels we saw no other SLKs, but an even half-dozen late-model Mustang convertibles. Only two had their tops down, leading us to conclude that their owners are Wimpos and undeserving of a topless ride. Fully one hundred percent of the Toyota Solara and Lexus IS350 ragtops we saw were running open (one of each), and half of the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyders (one of two). But the Mustangs? A wretched performance indeed.:|

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Being nice. We don't want Mustang owners to be afraid of SLK's otherwise the sergeant will have nobody to embarrass on a regular basis!

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,750 Posts
The other day, while riding my bike, I counted 17 mustangs in a 30 minute period. there were only about 3 convertibles and all had top up. it was 8 am and temperature was 75. go figure.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
"Bike"? What is this thing called a "bike"? I thought sergeants when they were not driving their ferocious beast are carried on the shoulders of the peons called "private"?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,750 Posts
It was a tandem bike and a pretty private, Private Parts, if I remember her name correctly, was pedaling

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
It makes me crazy when I see someone driving a convertible on a nice day with the top up. Even worse, there is a BMW convertible in my building and I have NEVER seen the top down in 3 years. I just don't get it.

I love nothing better than early morning drives, even when cool, and the best top-down experience is right after it rains. Previously in my Solstice I always said if it is at least 55 and not raining the top is down, and it was. I had a comfortable ride in the SLK a few weeks ago at only 46. Between the toasty seats and AIRSCAR I was pretty damn comfy and that was with windows DOWN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts