Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, it was sunny and about 48° so I decided i would take a ride up to my buddies house who lives about 20 miles away. I got on the highway and there wasnt much traffic. I was cruisin at about 65 just zoned out listening to music and whatnot when this black bmw Z4 comes up behind me and passes me and then cuts me off when there was clearly no reason to. There were maybe 2 other cars on the road. So I decided "screw this guy" and i blew past him. He was trying his hardest to keep up but the z4 is undeniably slower. So I think he felt kind of stupid, but that was fun.
Then on the way back, a red minicoper (i know, it's funny) does the same thing as the z4. I was going about 65 or so. and he did the EXACT same thing. he passed me and cut me off as I was just about to exit off one highway and get on to the other when there was NO REASON at all to do so being that it's two lanes and nobody was in front of us. So there is a long stretch of road when you enter the interstate highway and I just flew past him and listened to his tiny engine struggle to move his car. He was trying to catch up to me, and I would slow down on purpose and let his headlight line up with my tail light and then I would just smoke him again and again. This went on for about 5 miles or so, and then he just gave up and cruised at what seemed to be around 55 mph after driving at speeds of 90+ mph. He just got frustrated.:biglaugh:
I have a hard time understanding why people even TRY to race a car they have no chance beating. I mean, if i was driving next to a porsche turbo... i wouldnt engage a race with the guy... it would be pointless, but I guess people dont know the power of the SLK and think because it's small it lacks a punch.
All in all, it was an eventful day! Thought i'd share :tu:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maybe you could have helped the Mini driver out by getting behind him and pushing with the SLK..lol

I had a young kid with a Neon SRT try that to me at a red light shortly after I got my 55. He was behind me and jumped out to get beside me when the light changed to green...that lasted all of about 1/4 mile before he completely gave up.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Maybe there was a BMW meet in the vicinity!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Raced R32 Tuned car ~ it was first time i got My 280 ~ smoked him so bad ~ i bet he stop tuning now ~
hehe, actually, it usually works the other way. It "provokes" the tuner to go to "more extremes". The RS would have been lightly tuned. They are easily capable of 350 - 400 hp mods depending on "stages". Few people take it that far, but it can be a sleeper!

·
Registered
303 Posts
It just looks fast, even when standing still. but yeah it's a fast chick's car. :D :tu:
Yes, I got a lot grief this weekend at the track from a chick in a Porshe Cayman w/ racing slicks. I told her it was a girl car, but I still love driving it!!!:tu:

She still had to push it to get past me, even though I run street tires, which are not as grippy.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Yes, I got a lot grief this weekend at the track from a chick in a Porshe Cayman w/ racing slicks. I told her it was a girl car, but I still love driving it!!!:tu:

She still had to push it to get past me, even though I run street tires, which are not as grippy.
lol, imagined if she didn't pass you, :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts