Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out from another member of our forum two things (this time)

1) With the fuel system in CL car in drive at idle what exactly is the engines RPM

2) What is the normal cooling temp when idle the engine in +90 F weather

Thanks

:wink:

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I'm trying to find out from another member of our forum two things (this time)

1) With the fuel system in CL car in drive at idle what exactly is the engines RPM

2) What is the normal cooling temp when idle the engine in +90 F weather

Thanks

:wink:
1) Sorry, but what is CL?

2) With my SLK 230 it normally hovers right around 80 degrees C. In Houston traffic when it was 108 degrees F out it was just at the top of the 80 digits but still below 100. If you are about 100 you have a problem. Make sure to flush your system as maintenance and refill with correct coolant.

·
Registered
184 Posts
On starting from cold mine ticks over at about 1250 rpm for the first minute, it then settles to c.750 rpm.

Temp gauge sits at 80C most of the time, in traffic it rises to 90C and then when the fan cuts in it drops back down to 80C within a minute.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the info. Sound about the same for mine. My other two cars idle after warm-up at 650 to 700 the MB is only 500 to 550 it seemed a little low that's why I asked. As for CL it stands for Close Loop. It means the engine has warmed and the exhaust has reached a temp that the O2 sensors can start to read and send info to the ECU befor that it's called open loop.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Thanks all for the info. Sound about the same for mine. My other two cars idle after warm-up at 650 to 700 the MB is only 500 to 550 it seemed a little low that's why I asked. As for CL it stands for Close Loop. It means the engine has warmed and the exhaust has reached a temp that the O2 sensors can start to read and send info to the ECU befor that it's called open loop.

Thanks again
That is what I thought you might have meant with CL but just checking. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.