they need ford's park assist!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,814 Posts
No wonder our insurance is so high!

·
Registered
844 Posts
My GF is Taiwanese. Not sure how she got a license in Canada but she tells me she bought her license in Taiwan. I won't drive with her unless I have had a few drinks and usually take one in the car since she has a tendency to "wander" between lanes. Fortunately she won't drive on the highway. We rate her parking 1, 2 or 3. 3 is the best and it means she did not hit anything and the car is somewhat between the parking stall lines. 1 means there is some damage to the other car. Her average is 2 and we consider that pretty good because there is only damage to her car or she used 2 parking stalls. She has a 2 car garage but I park on the street... even a bike. The garage itself is still structurally sound although we keep some drywall, compound and paint available for quick patches. I am getting pretty good at drywall and may try a bathroom sometime.
G.
PS She has never had a traffic accident so I guess everything is OK. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
... I think that video was taken in Asia somewhere... I'm embarrassed!

@gdb069 ... differences of regulations for the privilege of driving from one country to another. Check this out... you might want to invest in one for your car!

https://www.portablegaragedepot.com/garage.html
Our boat has rubber "fenders" so you don't damage it on docking. Maybe I can tie a few of these to her car and then stop worrying! I wonder if they come in 775 Iridium Silver?

G.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my curb sensor is the act of parking the rear of the car perpendicular to the end of the white painted lines of the parking spot :)
I think UK parking bays may be smaller than yours based on them still being the same size as they were when cars were first invented :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts