Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think MB's traction control is little to uptight. I hardly ever run with the traction control off in fear of pulling out in front of somebody and getting hit because the car decide me squeaking the tires was a little to much :(

Now that I moved to San Antonio, that is doubly true. You either go balls out here or get hit when you make a right hand turn onto a busy highway with a 60+ mph speed limit. lol

·
Wizard of ID
589 Posts
I really don't understand doing this. If a person is informed enough to know the meaning of AMG they're informed enough to know the model designations.

What is wrong with owning a plain old SL? It's a fine car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really don't understand doing this. If a person is informed enough to know the meaning of AMG they're informed enough to know the model designations.

What is wrong with owning a plain old SL? It's a fine car.

Maybe the SL had an AMG package. My friends has an slk350 with amg package and it comes from the factory with the AMG badging

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Maybe the SL had an AMG package. My friends has an slk350 with amg package and it comes from the factory with the AMG badging

Nah, comes from the dealer with AMG badges, maybe, but the factory does not ship any car badged as AMG unless it was built as "AMG" - which means engine and transmission at the very least.

If you look in the current brochures, they all specify the body kits as "Sports Package" - or "AMG Appearance Packages"..

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,561 Posts
Nah, comes from the dealer with AMG badges, maybe, but the factory does not ship any car badged as AMG unless it was built as "AMG" - which means engine and transmission at the very least.

If you look in the current brochures, they all specify the body kits as "Sports Package" - or "AMG Appearance Packages"..

I may have told this before, but a couple of years ago, i was walking with my then 7 year old and a black SL 55 sped past. So i said "look, that chap who had the CLS has now a SL55!!"

My son, non chalantly replied "its a fake, daddy. Look at the body kit and the exhaust pipes. It is not a SL 55 and that man has no shame!!":biglaugh:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I may have told this before, but a couple of years ago, i was walking with my then 7 year old and a black SL 55 sped past. So i said "look, that chap who had the CLS has now a SL55!!"

My son, non chalantly replied "its a fake, daddy. Look at the body kit and the exhaust pipes. It is not a SL 55 and that man has no shame!!":biglaugh:
:) You did, and it still makes me laugh! Of course, you do have a smarter than usual son as well!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just saw w211 e200k same as mine, pre-f.l. not even amg body kit, none even the rims, just smoked taillights, butcwith the ///AMG badge))

·
Registered
30 Posts
My SLK 230 has an AMG sports package I am told. It has wheels and I think a different body kit, but is by no means an actual "AMG" car. I love it just the same and would feel like a chump for making it out to be anything but what it truly is!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I plead guilty to having wheels stamped AMG but they were on the car when I bought it. It was that or have the original 17 inch poor condition ones put back on it :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased my first Mercedes today (SLK 320). I pick it up tomorrow evening. It is a 2001, and when I initially checked it out I noticed the badges on the back were SLK320(Left) and AMG(right). I knew this wasn't right though. AMG versions say SLK32, the car has a "naturally aspirated" V6, and last time I checked the AMG version debuted in 2002.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is get the blow dryer out and remove the AMG badge.

So, I hope no one takes my pick on the way home. Trust me, I know better. If I could get the dealership to remove the badge it would be gone before I drive off of the lot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts