Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently returning from Toronto towards Ottawa - sadly top up as it had been raining for three days. Finally approaching Belleville the wet stopped so I pulled off for a coffee (up at 4am for the simulator) and refuel as well as some trip planning.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=ON-401+E&daddr=44.3782909,-77.2715739+to:44.67691,-76.41416+to:ON-15+N&hl=en&ll=44.315005,-76.89743&spn=0.539445,1.234589&sll=44.61931,-76.312408&sspn=0.268321,0.617294&geocode=FewsogIdQXJi-w;FbIopQId6-1k-yl5jpA0yS7TTDFgE50SXc8ilw;FS63qQIdMANy-yljGgqcgYXSTDELfXsaVfbPCA;FTRXqQIdrmR0-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2&t=m&z=10

I headed north from Belleville towards Tweed, then east from Roslin. Hopefully the link works. Lots of hamlets along the way, but the roads are all good (some excellent) with very little traffic - 110km/h was no problem.
For those not familiar with the area Westport is worth the stop. There is a restaurant at Newboro (along with a Rideau Canal lock) that looks like it has potential. Beautiful scenery with the leaves changing. 1000km round trip from Ottawa to Toronto and return including the scenic return route. :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I trained with FSI in Dallas - Beech 200/250/350 - back in 89. Simulflite still around? Probably won't make points telling you I have ratings on the Challenger 600 (the original), 601 and RJ.

I was "the" sim guy for P-3s on the west coast 88-91. Competed a new generation of sims for the P-7, which never happened, but very interesting seeing the latest and greatest.

One morning I get a call from my GS12 saying the techs can't get in the building (which was inside the 1920's zeppelin hanger). Place was surrounded by Marines - CAE had bought Singer Link and they were ordered "not to let the foreigners in" (of course they were the American SL techs the night before!). One very perplexed Marine LT when a Canadian Major shows up to order him to let them in...or experience the wrath of Adm Tony Maness (RIP http://patronsix.com/html/maness_vp-6.html) who was famous for two things - his lack of patience with "stupid", and #2, being one of the Mouseketeers!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think I trained with FSI in Dallas - Beech 200/250/350 - back in 89. Simulflite still around? Probably won't make points telling you I have ratings on the Challenger 600 (the original), 601 and RJ.

I was "the" sim guy for P-3s on the west coast 88-91. Competed a new generation of sims for the P-7, which never happened, but very interesting seeing the latest and greatest.

One morning I get a call from my GS12 saying the techs can't get in the building (which was inside the 1920's zeppelin hanger). Place was surrounded by Marines - CAE had bought Singer Link and they were ordered "not to let the foreigners in" (of course they were the American SL techs the night before!). One very perplexed Marine LT when a Canadian Major shows up to order him to let them in...or experience the wrath of Adm Tony Maness (RIP http://patronsix.com/html/maness_vp-6.html) who was famous for two things - his lack of patience with "stupid", and #2, being one of the Mouseketeers!

Simuflite is still there. They just didn't put us under like they intended, room for everyone. Great story about "stupid", happens a lot most everywhere......

Was that 120mph or kph on the speedometer in your pic? Had mine up to 100mph but backed it down quick as we now have the super speeder law in GA. Big fine and possibly jail...... Not worth it anymore, gone are the days of seeing what the top end of a new car is as soon as you leave the lot!:(

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah! sorry...Kismet is a "naturalized Canadian" so it's the US speedo but shows km/h. We have a similar law up here - Street Racing. 50 km/h over and they take your car, a bunch of cash, up your insurance to the stratosphere, and your license for a while....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts