Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
For practical reasons while working in the area it was decided to replace the heavy lump stock fan with a lighter after market item. It will be operated by a single speed temperature switch and will be entirely adequate for my purposes eg no driving in city traffic. Leaves more room in front of the engine too.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Last car front mod has been finished, the transmission cooler setup. Just to make things complicated for myself the stock in radiator cooler has been retained with the aftermarket thermostat diverting fluid through to the aftermarket radiator if it's still too hot. Aluminium thermostat is to the left in the pic below which looks down from the top.

Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
New rear not so big brake kit has been fitted, the rotor is the same diameter as stock but 22 mm wide ventilated instead of solid. For the cars use I calculated a 2:1 F/R bias was best as with maximum braking there is more weight transfer to the front therefore bigger rear brakes are just extra weight.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Finally received and fitted the Ultra Racing strut brace, problem with fitting the brace to my model anyway is that the three M8 studs at the strut tower top which have to be used for attachment purposes have no surplus length. So I got old lathe mate to make up some waisted nuts from some long doubler nuts. The studs being M8 the nuts waist part were turned down to 10 mm with high strength M10 flat washers being used under the nuts. Had to tweak the brace's attachment holes to suit but it all turned out good. Mandatory pics below.

Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

61 - 66 of 66 Posts