Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving our new slk350 the other night and discovered something retarded. i had the headlights on with the fogs on as well. i then tried to turn on highbeams and couldnt. i had to turn off the fogs before i could turn on the highbeams. did i miss something or is that the most retarded thing ever. i understand you don't really want the fogs on during the highbeams but you shouldn't have to reach down and turn the knob off to activate the highs. this is dangerous. in all my other cars, when you have both the lowbeams and fogs on, then when trying to activate the highs, the fog autoamatically turn off. any input would be appreciated. pimpslk

D

·
0 Posts
Where are you located?

In the UK you can have the highbeams and foglights on at the same time should you so desire but its both illegal and disrespectful to other drivers who have to face them to run your fogs at any time expect when fog is present cant say for sure if the first bit applies in the US but the second part sure does, if however you where driving in foggy conditions then fair enough.

Could be a software setting in whatever country you are located in but its not in the UK DAS

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have aCanadian SKJ 350. I can only activate my high beams or fog lights if I turn the headlights to the on position. In the "auto" position the low beams come on automatically at dusk, but I can not use the high beams. I find this odd. If I turn the headlights to the "on" position and I also have the fog lights on, the fog lights go out automatically when the high beams are activated. It sounds like the lights are programmed differently for different countries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.