Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side turn signal works, my hazards work, but my passenger side turn signal doesnt work at all. Doesnt light up, nothing

The control box makes the clicking noise, I took it apart and cleaned the contacts on the relays, even left the cover off when i plugged it back in.

The relay works, but when I turn the turnsignal switch to turn right, it just clicks really fast, and no lights light up.

Help? Suggestions?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
849 Posts
Simplest thing is bulb. You don't mention whether front, rear or both? If both relay may be problem.

G.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLK model is a 99, doesnt have mirror turn signals.
All bulbs work, since side markers and both front and back turn on when I have the hazard flashers on.
side that isnt working is the passenger side on a left hand drive model (US)

Took the relay housing apart, the relay clicks, doesnt stick, it just clicks really fast, and doesnt seem to provide any power to the passenger side turn signals (both front and back and side marker) when the switch is turned. Its really boggling, since the driver side works just fine, and the hazard flashers work just fine, and I assumed they were on the same relay board.

Also there is only one 15a fuse that controls that whole circut, in the panel by the steering wheel, and it is fine.

The only thing I can think of is that its an additional circut that has fried, that provides the switching power to only the passenger side? But I have no idea how that board is laid out or if anyone else has ever had this problem. I cleaned the contacts on the relay like previous forums suggest when the turnsignals turn on, but dont click, but that doesnt seem to be the problem I am having, and I havent read any forums where this has happened to someone else.

Any insight would be helpful, I would like to explore my options before replacing the 700$ board, just to find out, its not the relay board.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fairly sure the bulbs are good, because the hazards flash both the front, rear, and side markers.
=/
No one else has had this problem? I cant find anything similar to this in the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the same relay is used for the driver side turn signal and the flashers, and they work just fine? Is there a separate circuit that sends power to the relay for each side that I should look for?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Possibly high resistance in the indicator switch on the steering column. Contacts for left turn are fine, contacts for right turn dirty. Must be worth a look.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,984 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
[email protected]

All of my lamps work except my right (pass) side liscense plate and like you, when i turn my drivers side blinker on the front and the mirror blink but the rear bulb does not light or blink and i checked that they work off the battery and the bulb and socket are new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.