Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi friends,

i think buying a speer cranshaft pulley for my slk 230k 197hp but the speer ecu files it's really expansive than pulley:surprise:

any person have an tuning ecu files for my car?the calculator are a siemens SIM4LE

i have a modified files for the slk 230 pre facelift 193hp but i don't know if the same of mine, i thinks no the calculator is not the same in my memory...

please lightings me :grin:

thanks

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,419 Posts
There are different revision of the ecu's for slk 230, best way is to read your ecu and then tune the file.
If you have a smaller pully you have a higher boost, with this at high load you risk running lean. Running lean can damage your engine.
What are you using to write the ecu?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello and thanks for your response

i 'thinks buy the mpps hopefully the best perf/price what do you think about it?

·
4,419 Posts
If your car is stock is ok to buy a file over the net.
If your car is modified then is important that the tunning is done properly observing the sensors live data.
Flashing back the file in the ecu with kess will be the best option as is 100% safe, kess will not flash a file in the ecu if is not 100% compatible with your ecu.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your car is stock is ok to buy a file over the net.
If your car is modified then is important that the tunning is done properly observing the sensors live data.
Flashing back the file in the ecu with kess will be the best option as is 100% safe, kess will not flash a file in the ecu if is not 100% compatible with your ecu.
thanks for your precious advice:smile:

i will buy the kess

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My kees v2 can't read the ecu just write on it. I had to find an original file for my ecu.
Same for my wife car c280 w204 kess can't read only write.
My ecu is normaly a siemens sim4le and it's possible to read and write this ecu with the kess V2

For your car your ecu is a bosch ME9.7 and it's not compatible with your 2 cars because it's the same but it's possible with the hardware modification

read this:

How to read Mercedes W221 S350 Bosch ECU ME9.7 with KTAG? | OBDexpress.co.uk Official Blog

:wink:

·
4,419 Posts
Thank you, with ktag you must open the ecu. I am not prepared to do that. I found a ori file and i will stick with kess.
I see that now they have a new version with red pcb, mine is with green pcb.
The red pcb seem to be a EU version and can read mine ecu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts