Mercedes SLK World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· *Registered
Looking for an SLK
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hoping to go take a look at an SLC later this month (it's in a different city than me. I've noticed these little plates on the back of the roll/trim pieces behind the seat. I've never seen them before, I assume they're some kind of aftermarket part.

Anyone know what they're for (Wind?) or how they're mounted typically. I'm wondering if they're glued or adhered on or drilled in (I'll likely remove them and am wondering if it's going to turn into a substantial project).

Thanks for any info or tips.

· Administrator (Canada)
24,839 Posts
Called air guides. Reduces buffeting when top is down and at highway speeds. An option that replaces the standard mesh screen that fits between the roll bars.

NOT aftermarket. Optional MB accessory.

Just raise them/they rotate and "hide" behind the roll bars on each side as seen or rotate towards the centre when in use.

· *Registered
2017 SLC250d
31 Posts
I’ve got air guides on my car and just changed the front black plastic trims so I can have the factory wind deflector if wanted as well. I now have a choice. Will definitely be wind deflector at higher speeds. Probably use guides at slow speeds in town etc as better visibility with mirror with deflector removed. Bit of hassle to change but in my opinion worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts