Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weeks turn of painting the interior events and the new modifications caused me to do some searching. I've ordered a small bottle of this to see if it takes care of the regular wear and tear rash located on the sides of the leather seats. I am also hoping it enhances the boring beige as it seems to do in most of the videos I watch. I'll post a follow up once I've tested the product. It's called leather honey.

http://www.leatherhoney.com/

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received the bottle yesterday and it's quite the sticky thick substance. The directions weren't clear, so I've sent an email back to the company and this is what they had to say:

It should absolutely NOT be applied to a wet surface -- you don't want to lock in moisture. Make sure the leather is completely dry. It will dry without residue in nearly all cases. If you are concerned, I would test in a discreet area (we recommend this on the bottle as well). See how it dries there and then move on.

We rarely get complaints from people about residue, and when we do, it is because the product was applied to leather that includes synthetic materials (like bonded leather) or that was coated with a silicone sealer by the manufacturer that prevents Leather Honey from absorbing. Testing in a discreet area will help determine if you are in either of those scenarios. Both are rare.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
.. .. or that was coated with a silicone sealer by the manufacturer that prevents Leather Honey from absorbing. Testing in a discreet area will help determine if you are in either of those scenarios. Both are rare.
Bear in mind your leather is painted, so it probably won't be absorbed.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts