Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Slk 230
The trunk doesnt open and top wont go down already tried the S69/10 ground but no go - all windows roll down and thats about it

can I ground S69/12 ? is there a DIY or color code?

There is some oil leaking from Top / windshield hydraulic cylinder so Ive tried to open the lock manually with a hex key I can push the Top out of the lock but there is no point because the trunk is stuck

at this point I need to get the Trunk open somehow

the keyhole / push button doesnt do anything and the key doesnt turn

The car doesnt lock / unlock with the remote either -the lights blink probably cause of the trunk

what are my choices? I've read about drilling a hole behind the license but what am I looking for?

really need to resolve

thanks

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from NE England!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information. Click on ‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.

In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.

New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.

Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you,

Woolly - Founder & Super Moderator.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

I have been searching for days with no luck hopefully this forum will get me a solution

thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked all fuses possible - but which one control's the PSE ill double check.

I tried Wd40 into the trunk lock but the key doesnt turn eitherways

When I press the lock /unlock button on the remote the turn signal lights flash / Dome light goes on/off (3secs) as usual but the car doesnt lock/unlock.

Locking the drivers side door with key only locks that door and not the passenger side. looks like the Pump to me.

but the question comes back how can I open the trunk to get access to everything

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
There is a small accsess panel located on the drivers side of the dash, ( open door to see panel) remove the panel and look for the 20a fues or just read the card if there is one guled to the back side of the panel.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Do you see one for the PSE? If you have a new one replace it, i had this issue over the summer and what looked like a good fuse turned out to be bad. If your problem is not solved by replacing that fuse then you can at least cross that off the list of possibilities.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the left of the Dashboard there is no fuse 20A - only 15A or 7.5A - but I found central locking Fuse under hood on drivers side fuse box.

I took it out swapped it with another still the same

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have these two

1 ) this
is on the side of the Dashboard ( what you refereed to) but does not say PSE anywhere

2) This
is under the hood left side ( this one has a 26 Central locking fuse )

All fuses look Ok and I swapped a couple

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
List 1 is from the console side when you open the door #2 has the Central Locking which I swapped already

what now?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,258 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts! I would tow it to a MB dealer and let them figure it out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the trunk open it was stuck so I sat/pushed down and magically the key turned and it opened - the Hydraulic Pump was empty so i filled it

I tried to lower the roof but oil came out of the roof hydraulic, would the trunk open or not regardless of the roof hydraulic leak?

or is it a step by step that it unlocks the roof first then goes to step two of opening the trunk etc

thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts