Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put my top up on my slk manually. Everything is fine ,but the trunk won't lock. Not where you unlock it with the key, but the front part of the trunk where you have to unlock it by pulling 2 cables. Any Ideas to lock it?

Thanks,

Danny

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
Now that the roof is in position (closed) have you tried pressing the roof close button.

Or do you mean that you can't get that edge flush with the rear window in the first place.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,136 Posts
It's not clear in my mind if one can manually latch the boot lid down into these two latches. In theory, it's possible, but in practice, I don't think anybody here has been able to do it. The hydraulics seem to be the best way :)

Usually, the best solution is to just fix your roof problem.

Are you trying to stop rattles or warning lights and beeps?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are 2 latches that keep the front of the trunk locked in place. They look like seat belt locks. I got one side to lock but not the other.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Efair. No beeps. just worried that the trunk will fly open when driving. lol I have to get the roof fixed. I see all of the pistons leaking. :( Im going to try to replace them myself.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,136 Posts
Assuming there's at least some fluid left, closing the emergency relief should prevent it from moving.

I highly recommend the shockwave kits from ebay for DIY repair of the front latch and two roof cylinders. The procedures included are somewhat lengthy but they are not particularly complex.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same issue on mine... Darn thing wont lock. I'll investigate this weekend. New to the car, still learning alot about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.