Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened the roof manually to try to repair the roof because it is not working in the normal automatic mode. I lubricated everything, closed the roof, everything seemed to be fine...BUT ---The trunk does not lock..it can be opened by pulling the corners next to the back windshield.as if it had been unlocked manually pulling the 2 strings in the back. I've tried to open and close the trunk many times and it doesn¿t work. The s69 switches seem to be connected properly. What could be the problem? How do i fix this?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
lock unlock car with key fob?
lock/unlock trunk with valet key?
lock car and trunk from inside with console 'lock' button and have someone try trunk?
reset battery? disconnect neg cable for a minimum of 30 minutes
make sure you have radio code first
reconnect, reset radio and clock
try trunk

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,162 Posts
The two boot lid latches atop the left and right wheel wells are what you're talking about, right? These are what fasten the boot lid down (except during roof operation of course).

The two bowden cables (from the bottom of the boot lid hydraulic cylinders) must be slackened before these latches can latch. If you have the brass relief valve open at the pump you may be able to pull up on the cylinders to slacken the cables.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Yay!!!!!!
I'm not an expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.