Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently replaced all 5 hydraulic actuators. Upon testing the system everything worked until the roof was in the trunk and the trunk lid would not close and was stuck at that point with the roof in the trunk and trunk lid open. After closer investigation, I realized that I had install the hydraulic lines from trunk lid actuators into the wrong holes. I switched the hoses to the correct ports and at least I can utilize the close procedure from the roof being stored in the trunk and trunk lid open to full closure and the trunk lid closing in the closing procedure. The trunk lid will still not close while trying to open the roof. Everything else works great. Looking for some help please. Was wondering if I may have damaged the pump, or if switch 69/11 may be the culprit. Pump works very strong through all operations except during opening procedure when it will not close trunk. Reversing S84 to close from the stuck position works perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated:hb:F)

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I've told this story about my trunk before, but I don't know if it will help you at all. When my roof has been down, and put back up and Ive gone into the trunk for anything, it seems it no longer wants to latch shut at all. There is a roll bar with a material slide shelf that sits just below the trunk when it's down so that debris etc won't get onto the floor of the trunk. If I retract that, then pull it back out and reseat the bar, I am then able to close the trunk and the latch works fine. I have NO idea why it does this.

So put the hood back up, reseat that bar and see if the trunk closes then. Yes I know, not very technical, and kind of not what happens to you, but stranger things have happened.

Also-I would try Jbanks solution of "resetting" the car. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. This oddity seems to fix many things. But if the experts chime in with something differently by all means go with that. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I've told this story about my trunk before, but I don't know if it will help you at all. When my roof has been down, and put back up and Ive gone into the trunk for anything, it seems it no longer wants to latch shut at all. There is a roll bar with a material slide shelf that sits just below the trunk when it's down so that debris etc won't get onto the floor of the trunk. If I retract that, then pull it back out and reseat the bar, I am then able to close the trunk and the latch works fine. I have NO idea why it does this.
The fabric roller blind is there to stop you over-filling the trunk, and subsequently damaging the roof assembly when you lower the roof. There are a couple of microswitches located where the bar clicks in. It sounds like these are faulty on yours (quite a common problem ) and should be replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply SLK320!!

Unfortunately that doesn't address my problem but these roof issues can sure be a pain and you can never have too much help or diverse input. So thanks again for your help. I see that Wooly addressed your issue and that is very kind. I hope that someone will have some helpful input as to my problem that I started this thread with.

As stated before, everything functions correctly for my roof except during opening procedure the trunk will not close. Roof unlocks and advances to the trunk and stows but trunk does not close. With the trunk still in this position, if I reverse the switch to the close procedure and everything works perfectly, including the trunk closing.

I'm not sure what to do from here and any help would be very much appreciated.
:tu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slk320chick

I forgot to mention the many helpful posts that I have seen and benefitted from that you have contributed.
Thanks again and keep up the good work,
Y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fabric roller blind is there to stop you over-filling the trunk, and subsequently damaging the roof assembly when you lower the roof. There are a couple of microswitches located where the bar clicks in. It sounds like these are faulty on yours (quite a common problem ) and should be replaced.
Hi Wooly,
I was wandering if this reply was to address my problem of the trunk not closing during the roof opening procedure?

Thanks for all the help that you offer!
:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
I'm new in this forum, just been in the introduced.
I'm having the same problem, think it's the S69/11 switch bot i don't know how to get to it to replace it.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.