part 160

160 A 170 750 00 36 GAS-OPERATED SPRING
REAR LID
002 you need '2' :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,085 Posts
@Idiot101 I may be teaching you how to suck eggs, but remember when changing them that the trunk lid gets very heavy when you've taken one of the struts out and are trying to get the new one in! It's good to have a second pair of hands to take the weight while switching struts!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Idiot101 I may be teaching you how to suck eggs, but remember when changing them that the trunk lid gets very heavy when you've taken one of the struts out and are trying to get the new one in! It's good to have a second pair of hands to take the weight while switching struts!

Good luck!
Thanks tons for the warning......had a card board box holding it up while I gumme fledged everything today. Think I will use a broom handle or something when I replace them. I assume there is a DYI on how to replace them on the forum somewhere. I am getting ready to order them from imported.com

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I just went to look at mine to see if the manufacturer was shown. Mine are Mercedes parts and usually the manufacturer is imprinted somewhere on it, but I couldn't find it on mine. Importec sells both Stabilus and Meistersatz. Neither are marked as the OEM part, but I know that Stabilus makes some parts for Mercedes. Wholesale from a dealer will run you $15 plus tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.