Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a button/lever inside the R172 to pop open the trunk? I can't find one in mine (2015 SLK250), maybe I'm missing something obvious?

·
Registered--sold my 2014 SLK55 AMG
514 Posts
Which is good because you can't break into the trunk by breaking the window and using the lever. I found it very useful and helpful when leaving stuff in the trunk (boot). Miss it in my current car.

·
Banned
974 Posts
The keyfob allows you to unlatch the boot which is mildly convenient, just a pity that it's too heavy to open completely on its own. It seems the springs are not strong enough or.... do some hinges need lubricating?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,371 Posts
Is there a button/lever inside the R172 to pop open the trunk? I can't find one in mine (2015 SLK250), maybe I'm missing something obvious?
Just use the trunk button on the key fob. It should work inside the car.
Don't know if that will work while the key is in the ignition though.

·
Registered 2015 SLK250
354 Posts
I think they have tried to make it unnecessary, probably for just the reasons PenelopePitstop suggests. The manual is hard to decipher on this point, and Keyless-to-go makes your car smarter than mine. I thought it was a tremendous oversight but on trips, I never really found a time when the trunk was inaccessible. If you unlock the door, then think you need something in the trunk, it's unlocked, just open it. Drive away, and it locks again just like the doors.

You can alter this central locking behavior by reprogramming the Smartkey. My wife's key is set up to only open the driver's door, interior compartments and fuel filler with one unlock click. That's on page 73 of the manual.

With Keyless-to-go, the trunk won't lock if it thinks you've left the key in the trunk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.