Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that when I unlock my car whether getting in or out it aksi unlocks my trunk? I know it lock it back when I lock the car or drive away. Just wonder why it does what it does? I have it program one push on the button only unlock drivers door and 2 pushes unlocker passenger door... Just don't understand the trunk.. Any ideas why or if I can change it?

jnc1948 Charlotte NC

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
It unlocks your trunk at the same time you unlock your car in case one has something in the trunk one wants to retrieve. saves you from using the trunk unlock button on your keyfob if you have one. No you cannot change it and one would not want to change it. for if you could, then that one time you try to lift the trunk you would say, now why did i change that feature :D

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
It unlocks your trunk at the same time you unlock your car in case one has something in the trunk one wants to retrieve. saves you from using the trunk unlock button on your keyfob if you have one. No you cannot change it and one would not want to change it. for if you could, then that one time you try to lift the trunk you would say, now why did i change that feature :D
Are you sure Jeff? I have mine setup where one press only unlocks the driver door and it does not unlock the trunk. Two presses and I get the passenger door and the trunk.

·
96,657 Posts
Chris, I was just answering his question as to why his trunk also unlocks when his doors do. I have a R171 as you know and haven't had a R170 for 13 years so don't remember the keyfob at all :D
Poster has a 2004 so his keyfob is definitely different than yours

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Chris, I was just answering his question as to why his trunk also unlocks when his doors do. I have a R171 as you know and haven't had a R170 for 13 years so don't remember the keyfob at all :D
Poster has a 2004 so his keyfob is definitely different than yours
From the owner's manual.

He has the same keyfob as me >:D and in selective unlocking, the trunk should not unlock.

·
96,657 Posts
I assume he means when he stops his car and he gets out, and it unlocks and it also unlocks his trunk is his question.
Not when he is heading for his car like from a store that he needs to unlock the trunk
We will have to wait for op to reply

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any time that I press my unlock button when the car is locked it unlock my drivers door and the trunk... if I press it twice it unlock the passenger door .... again really not sure why it does that... If I forget and leave the door unlock then the trunk also is unlock... Wish the trunk would stay locked unless I press the unlock button twice knowing that I am going to get something out or to put something in it...

jnc1948

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Any time that I press my unlock button when the car is locked it unlock my drivers door and the trunk... if I press it twice it unlock the passenger door .... again really not sure why it does that... If I forget and leave the door unlock then the trunk also is unlock... Wish the trunk would stay locked unless I press the unlock button twice knowing that I am going to get something out or to put something in it...

jnc1948
If you are using selective unlocking and the unlock button you are talking about is the key fob, it should only unlock your driver's door, fuel door, and center console. I am wondering if your PSE is plumbed incorrectly. Check when you only have the driver's door and trunk unlocked and see if also the fuel door and center console are unlocked.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the fuel door unlock also as well as the drivers door and trunk and inside arm rest storage area....

jnc1948

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
I do believe anytime you lock or unlock the doors the trunk will lock or unlock at the same time. That is the way MB set it up and is not changeable. The only option is either all door on click or one click for driver and two clicks for all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.