Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I can lift the front of the trunk lid up. Even though the back is closed. I've had troubles with my top (haven't got it working yet) I went over a bump and the beeper goes off and the red top switch blinks.
I figure it's the switches for the trunk showing it's open. How do I get the locks to work?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,055 Posts
The two boot lid latches must not be engaging when the lid comes down. They probably need a light application of grease. What happens when you try to close with the switch? Light blinks? If so, try unlatching the roof latches manually through the hole in the headliner, then try closing again.

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loosened the mounts for the locking/unlocking/microswitch. And moved them around I got them to lock. So that when I pull the cables they release. I think I'll rebuild the cylinders before I try to see if that was the only problem. The 2 rear cylinders seem easy to get at the ones under the package shelf could pose a problem.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,055 Posts
If they're leaking, definitely fix the leaks first (unless you just like spewing expensive hydraulic fluid everywhere, and have a good supply).

The hardest part rebuilding those two cylinders is removing the yoke at the end of the rod. It takes a lot of holding power to hold the rod while you break it loose. Plus, the hydraulic lines have almost no slack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.