Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble understanding use of the menus on my 2005 SLK350 LE (just purchased). First, what is "Command" and how do I know if I have it?
I can't get into the submenus from the settings menu. Its not operating the way the manual specifies. Is there something I'm overlooking.

Thx.
Bob

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I've got the manual in one hand. I got some of the submenus to work by resetting. But I can't get the clock in the dash to coordinate with the digital time I enter. Sorry but being technologically challenged I'm not too good at transferring/posting pictures to this forum.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Yes. I've got the manual in one hand. I got some of the submenus to work by resetting. But I can't get the clock in the dash to coordinate with the digital time I enter. Sorry but being technologically challenged I'm not too good at transferring/posting pictures to this forum.
Did you press the "R" button (on the side of the roundel that houses the speedometer, the button below the "+" and "-" buttons) after setting the time? Or you may need to go into one of the submenu that states Time/Date sync with headunit if you have COMAND.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
79 Posts
Hi, I am also having a few problems with the menus,the manual states I should see more menus than am seeing? ie the cluster display shows KMh and I want to change to mph, also dont have access to the settings for the lighting delay times, or the settings to make the memory seats go back when getting in or out? any help appreciated!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . the cluster display shows KMh and I want to change to mph. . .
Unfortunately in the UK, you are (allegedly) stuck with that, due to MB's misunderstanding of the UK's construction & Use regs., which state (amongst other things) 'You must have a speedometer capable of displaying speed both in MPH & KPH' - in the rest of the world, the outside air temp is displayed in the lower MFD which is a lot more useful. If you have a 'tame' service engineer with access to a 'Star Diagnosis' machine, it can be changed.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
79 Posts
Thanks Woolly, I might just be able to get that sorted, I have since also learned that the memory seat return option has been removed from some models during or after 05. Never mind, never had em in my cortina either !.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.