Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading about how some cars, you can lower the windows (by using the remote and NOT inside the car) by pressing the unlock once then pressing it a second time and holding it.

I know, this isn't news to anyone who has this option (I knew about it as well but I don't like when something is supposed to work but doesn't) but the interesting thing for me was the distance involved.

I had tried in the past by holding the key 2-3 inches away from the receptor on the door handle. Couldn't get it to work.

Went and tried it again and for whatever reason, I was about 3 feet from the door (opposite the driver side rear wheel).

Well, first the main windows dropped ( but only by the amount they drop when the door is opened). BUT then the little quarter windows dropped all the way. Once they were down (mains were still fully raised), the trunk opened and the roof retracted. Doors were closed while all this transpired. Have to hold the "unlock" button the whole time so that isn't new.

In all honesty, I think this is more of a gimmick than anything else but hey, at least it works :wink:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
You don't have Smarttop?

if so you could do that up to 300 feet away :D
and no holding of any buttons

·
Super Moderator
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
92,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At $500, I'm saving my pennies to fix the sticky lifters.

·
92,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Engine lifters.

Just recently though, there is a "clunk" when the drivers window starts down ( roof can be up or down , it still clunks).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts