Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone offhand have experience with this? I'm attending a hog hunt in December and want to bring my own firearm. I could google it, but thought on the off chance someone here had some travel tips, I'll be better prepared.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm pretty sure that as long as you keep it on your person and its loaded then you will be fine!

Shouldn't have a problem.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,273 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be a character witness!!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
You might want to call both the airline and your local NRA chapter for advice. I know that some rules differ based on the carrier. You could always overight the firearm to your destination via FED EX or UPS and avoid any hassles.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
You guys are hilarious. Hopefully D-F will wander by in a bit with an informed opinion.

I don't know, but I did stay at a Wyndham hotel last night. +1 on the checking with the airline. IIRC you can have a firearm in your checked luggage as long as it's not loaded and is disclosed ahead of time. Now the ammo is another thing altogether. I can't see any airline allowing ammo in the luggage compartment of a passenger aircraft.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,273 Posts
you could always ask a gun forum

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or google it... but I am being lazy. I cant fit a rifle in my luggage. Fedex will have to work, and I'll purchase the ammo there. As long as I can keep my girl gun, it's all good in the hood :D

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks toots!

Well now.. that answers that
Travelers may only transport UNLOADED firearms in a locked, hard-sided container in or as checked baggage. All firearms, ammunition and firearm parts, including firearm frames and receivers, are prohibited in carry-on baggage.

And that
Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber for a rifle or pistol and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as it follows the packing guidelines described above.

and this
Rifle scopes are not prohibited in carry-on bags and do not need to be in the hard-sided, locked checked bag.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Toots...lol...Mark she called you toots...too many beans my man!

Ask your airline about oversized baggage charges. What are you using Chick?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just walk up to any TSA stooge at a security checkpoint and announce in a loud clear voice "I have a gun". I'll be watching the news to see how you execute this plan.

And careful with the hogs. Those things can be nasty.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A private person cannot ship a firearm, only a FFL (Federal Firearm License) holder.
I can check it within it's own locked case as long as it is unloaded. The ammunition can also be in it's own case. But I would not even bother checking ammunition. Are you kidding me? oh hell no lol.

The 378 has too much bang for the buck. I need a girl gun..the boom unnerves me.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Toots...lol...Mark she called you toots...too many beans my man!
JJ, I wasn't going to ask ... and I don't need beans, I'm a naturalist :fart:

:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts