Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transmission dipstick oil level reads just below the hot mark, merc says use atf 134 which I believe is semi synthetic, I have a bottle of atf dx 111, I think this is mineral, can I add a little of the dx to what's already in their ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
is it between the two marks

with the engine running, at normal temperature, you having popped it through the gears for a few seconds in each choice, up and down the box. If yes, don't worry. As long as it's between the marks you are fine.
If you haven't done all the above....

as for mixing, probably won't damage it, but I try not to move away from stuff which is listed as correct. Which doesn't have to be a big brand, but it has to meet the spec.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plan to replace filter and oil later in year. Merc wants £450 to do the job. Parts are only £80 think they are having a laugh.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Plan to replace filter and oil later in year. Merc wants £450 to do the job. Parts are only £80 think they are having a laugh.
£78.13 :laugh:

£25.33
Gasket, oil filter, 6x screws, electric connector, plug and washer.

£52.80
8l of Fusch titan atf

They arrived today, planning to do the job on an slk 230 on tue.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The auto box on my 220 cdi was playing up, I purchased the electronic insert (forgot name) that fits into the gearbox and it fixed the problem, the old fitting was covered in oil.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The transmission dipstick oil level reads just below the hot mark, merc says use atf 134 which I believe is semi synthetic, I have a bottle of atf dx 111, I think this is mineral, can I add a little of the dx to what's already in their ? Thanks

You have a dipstick?

·
Registered
852 Posts
with the engine running, at normal temperature, you having popped it through the gears for a few seconds in each choice, up and down the box. If yes, don't worry. As long as it's between the marks you are fine.
If you haven't done all the above....

as for mixing, probably won't damage it, but I try not to move away from stuff which is listed as correct. Which doesn't have to be a big brand, but it has to meet the spec.

Did I miss something here? OP said transmission and referred to ATF from which I concluded he has an automatic, My understanding is the 722.6 is sealed for life and needs no fluid top up IF YOU BUY into the that fable. Of course someone could have installed one as I recall there are kits.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Did the job today.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts