Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading the manual and it says replace transmission oil at 70k miles or 7 years. Is that right? That seems so high.

Coolant change is recommended at 150k miles. O.M.G. so high :surprise:

·
Registered
717 Posts
The 7G transmission has been through multiple intervals, from 40k to "never". I think the 70k is a good balance and recommend the 40k only for the V8 AMGs.

Coolant is controlled through an additive pack, only the first change interval is 15 years unless coolant reservoir is also replaced (recommended).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know you can go so long but I guess I'll follow what Mercedes suggested.

The 7G transmission has been through multiple intervals, from 40k to "never". I think the 70k is a good balance and recommend the 40k only for the V8 AMGs.

Coolant is controlled through an additive pack, only the first change interval is 15 years unless coolant reservoir is also replaced (recommended).

·
Registered
152 Posts
trans fluid

I just changed mine at 7 years and It needed it, since the transmission shifts so much better. The fluid was slightly dark. I did the flush and change all the fluid. I flush all my vehicles so its the norm for me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to avoid dark fluid so probably change mine when it's a little over 60k, a little shy of 7 years years.

I just changed mine at 7 years and It needed it, since the transmission shifts so much better. The fluid was slightly dark. I did the flush and change all the fluid. I flush all my vehicles so its the norm for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts