Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I travel west of Romania (Hungary and onwards), Traffic sign recognition becomes available.
When in Romania, I get a message saying that my country is not supported.

I have been reading that the availability of traffic sign recognition is region based.

The only place I found, to change the region is in Comand online, and I was unsuccessful in doing so, in Xentry.

I managed to change my region in Vediamo, successfully, however, traffic sign recognition didn't become available (as I probably expected).

However, what I noticed in Vediamo, is that there is also an option called "code free".
When trying to set that option, I get an error code, as shown in the image. Perhaps a more "powerful" cbf file, with more permissions is needed?

I'm still wondering, what could this region code be used for, in Comand? Vediamo calls it DVD region code?

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
As labeled that is for the DVD region, sign recognition is done with map data unless an update with sign recognition for your country becomes available coding in Vediamo won't help.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As labeled that is for the DVD region, sign recognition is done with map data unless an update with sign recognition for your country becomes available coding in Vediamo won't help.
I know, I didn't expect it to be changed from there, I kinda mixed the topics.

In any case, you can activate Traffic sign assist for several countries in the MPC, as shown in the attached image.

The traffic assist is now activated for me. Will see how it works out, with the selected parameter (which I put to be same as Hungary and Germany, as the signs are the same).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wilhelm
I know we all love our toys but you could always keep a lookout through the windscreen.......
TonyS
I know I could, but I prefer to look at the trees and mountains, not the signs :p
Just kidding.

Of course, but like with anything else this car has to offer, this is also a convenience feature. If I can have it for free, why not? :)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Congrats! But don't rely on it too much, mine isn’t perfect....and if you’re looking out at the trees and mountains....
...mine throws up anomalous signs eg 20mph in a 30, no idea why.
TonyS

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! But don't rely on it too much, mine isn’t perfect.
TonyS
I agree, I experienced the same, while in Hungary. Highway has some km numbers, so after each few kilometers, I get a notification showing I should not exceed X km/h.
But then again, that's why it's a convenience feature, not something you can rely on it. These cars have way too old technology, compared to what cars are capable to do, today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts