Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I've been using the greens (SLK350) since November 2010, and have not found them more economical or powerful.
So I'm going back to stock filters.
Does anyone want them?
I need OEM filters, might as well swap them with somebody (in California preferably, since it's my daily driver, plus no shipping).
Otherwise I'll probably keep them as a backup or something.

Know that my filters will probably be a bit dirty from these last months, so I'd advise buying the cleaning kit before you install them in your vehicle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I might end up doing it, however I don't have OEM air filters. I have some other brand in place until I saved up for my greens.

What would you sell them for? PM is fine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a set of OEM filters that I bought (thinking that I'd need to replace) but never installed. Can't imagine that I'll be using them in the near future.

I'd sell them to you if you want. I think this is the product. Not sure if the one for the 55 fits the 350. List price is $30.68, so obviously I'd have to give it to you cheaper. Let me know if youre interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-3698-2-Air-Filter-Set/dp/B000CB94PY/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=SLK55 AMG|2731&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Mercedes-Benz|63&Year=2006|2006&newCar=1&carId=002

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I have a set of OEM filters that I bought (thinking that I'd need to replace) but never installed. Can't imagine that I'll be using them in the near future.

I'd sell them to you if you want. I think this is the product. Not sure if the one for the 55 fits the 350. List price is $30.68, so obviously I'd have to give it to you cheaper. Let me know if youre interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-3698-2-Air-Filter-Set/dp/B000CB94PY/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=SLK55 AMG|2731&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Mercedes-Benz|63&Year=2006|2006&newCar=1&carId=002
These are equivalent to the 112 094 00 04 engine air filters and will fit 280, 350 and the 55. I currently have the 113 094 00 04 (equivalent is also sold at amazon) in the 55, the difference is shorter pleats. Link:http://www.slkworld.com/where-get-r171-slk-items/18098-think-mann-air-filters-identical-mercedes-mann-2.html#post211033

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,707 Posts
Howdy!

I've been using the greens (SLK350) since November 2010, and have not found them more economical or powerful.
So I'm going back to stock filters.
Does anyone want them?
I need OEM filters, might as well swap them with somebody (in California preferably, since it's my daily driver, plus no shipping).
Otherwise I'll probably keep them as a backup or something.

Know that my filters will probably be a bit dirty from these last months, so I'd advise buying the cleaning kit before you install them in your vehicle.

Thanks!
Hi Bleen

Can you tell me if you had the greens fitted in a standard air box or the sports air box.
I was going to try some green filters in my sports air box ,but if thats the one you have and it didnt make any gains i will give it a miss

Many thanks Pete

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bleen

Can you tell me if you had the greens fitted in a standard air box or the sports air box.
I was going to try some green filters in my sports air box ,but if thats the one you have and it didnt make any gains i will give it a miss

Many thanks Pete
I have the standard air box...

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had plans on getting the greens, but since we have similar vehicles (2005 slk 350), i decided to have the dealership go ahead and install factory filters when I took the car in for service C on friday. thanks for this heads up. i'll keep with factory recommendations.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Might be easier and safer to order new OEM filters from Amazon. I went that route and everything worked great. I can look up the link if you're interested.

·
Registered
512 Posts
ps. I love your new profile picture, bleen! great photograph!

·
19,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
19,400 Posts
Thanks, but I'm confused as to which link to Amazon you're referring to :confused:
Depends on which Mann air filter you prefer.

3698 - 2 filter set, is the 112 air filter (taller pleat size);
3689 - single per box, need to order 2, is the 113 air filter (shorter pleat size).

Both will fit. I haven't noticed any difference in fuel economy or performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.