Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really didn't expect this but according to KBB, my car's value went up 6% since October 5th (Now at $29,400).

If you are in the market for a new car or plan to sell your ride, make sure to check the cars value regularly.
Have a wonderful holiday season :usa:;)

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
oh oh! politics

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I really didn't expect this but according to KBB, my car's value went up 6% since October 5th (Now at $29,400).

If you are in the market for a new car or plan to sell your ride, make sure to check the cars value regularly.

I hope everyone have a wonderful holiday season :usa:;)

KBB is a joke in this economy specially with Luxury cars. Try to sell your car and you'll know.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm actually trying to sell my car ;) Thanks for your input.

I know. Didn't your price dropped to $25K with no taker yet? The points here is......KBB used cars price is no where near reality. Awhile back, I sold my CL55 for $30K after 8 months listed and the KBB said it worthy $42K.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know. Didn't your price dropped to $25K with no taker yet? The points here is......KBB used cars price is no where near reality. Awhile back, I sold my CL55 for $30K after 8 months listed and the KBB said it worthy $42K.
KBB is just a reference / estimate of what a car is worth.. I see your point tho
Based on my own experience, I sold most of my cars close to KBB/NADA values in the past. If you have time and patient, I'm sure right buyer will come and purchase it. If you want to sell it quickly, you do what you have to do :)...

I dropped the price to 25K and I actually have a lot of inquires about the car. As I stated on my thread, I do not really have to sell the car but if someone wants to buy it, he/she can..

What year was your CL? Dealer didn't offer you more than $30k for trade in?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Most Dealerships in Michigan use Auction values to establish trade-in offers. These are typically lower than KBB. For a private sale, suggest looking at your local competition and price accordingly........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts