Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Norcal? Want to track your car in a safe/fun enviroment?

Check out the link below. Thunderhill is one of the best yet safest tracks in CA.

Taken from THDS:
Our School is a High Speed driving event on an FIA class road track with a licensed racing instructor. You drive, they teach. In 1.5 hours of lecture and track orientation, plus 5-20 minute high speed driving sessions, you'll learn and practice "line", threshold braking, car control, consistency and smoothness. You'll learn a few new things about yourself and your car and you'll acquire knowledge, experience and respect for the art of car control.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1776755#post1776755

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mtiede said:
Sounds like their requirements on rollbars would preclude SLKs from getting on the track.
Not true.

I thought the same at first. However, I have run there several times. It was never a problem. Initially, I called and asked for permission. They were fairly excited to hear about the car. It's kinda rare to be seen on a track.

I ran it both with the top up and down. The car handles better with the top up. Again, they never once made a comment either way.

BTW, my friend just got a C6 convertible. I feel sorry for him. It doesn't even come with factory hoops. In addition, the AM hardtop is not sufficient protection either. He is now considering changing out to a hardtop just so he can track. Ah, yet another reason why the SLK is so good. ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tslick said:
DSB, when your having fun at the track, ask your instructors if they are affiliated with “Hooked On Driving”, if so, ask them about Buttonwillow Raceway. It’s centrally located; between Bakersfield and Paso Robles for a North – South Cal track day. I’d be interested
Will do! I'll let you know. BTW, please post if you see anything that would work out for some of us!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tslick,

It was a great time. The video came out fairly well. I'm tied up with work right now. I'll try to post video and pics soon!

BTW, I found better set up for the front cam.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts