Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads, and the web and there are appears to be very few options for non-sport post 2008 SLK55. I was hoping for Pagid Yellow (RS19) which I had used on my Porsche's . Best option I could find was the EBC Blue's. Anybody have experience with these? Any other reasonable options?

I had not intended to track the SLK, but couldn't resist joining some friends for a couple day's on Pocono full course. :)

The braking coming into the infield is very hard on brakes. Using Wilwood 600 exp fluid for the first time as we'll instead of the Motul.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Porterfield and Carbotech are the best track pads I have found. Both very strong. Porterfield last a little longer. Absolute no fade with either.

Don't use these pads on the street and you will be happy with lack of rotor wear. Lower temps with these pads are very abrasive to the rotors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used both in the past, but there doesn't appear to be offered for the 4-piston, 2-piston brakes on the 2008 SLK55. Only offering was the R4S street pad from porterfield. Not much love for these brakes in the aftermarket. :(
I guess in make some sense, as if one intended to track the car you would have likely order the Sport brakes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the options. Summit Racing let me down, and now the pads I ordered in mid May, for delivery on the June 18th aren't coming until sometime in July. Past my track weekend date. :( I called the reference, and they were both very helpful, but couldn't help in the short time left. Ended up with EBC Yellowstuff, from Amazon. Not exactly a true trackpad, but higher temperature than stock. It will still allow me to play, hopefully. I'll report back after the two days at Pocono Long Course.

Thanks again for the contact info, will certainly used in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think they're called Black XD Series. Tell him to make sure that his calipers aren't frozen when installing new pads or rotors, better yet replace them or rebuild them if in doubt. This will help to insure longer life and no rotor warping. I've had mine on a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG for a year and been happy with them. Luk Schaffer makes a nice slotted cross drilled rotor (this may help keep them cool and prohibit warping) for not a ton of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts