Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Registered
2013 SLK250
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that R172 owners in the Phoenix area are plagued by false pressure warnings during the hotter months, perhaps due to large day/night temperature differences. Local dealerships don't seem to have a fix. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
136 Posts
San Diego's climate occasionally sees Phoenix like disparities in temperature over a day and has produced a false alert for me but more often than not it has been a legitimate warning where tire pressure was in need of a boost or the tire had collected a nail or other slow puncture. I literally have to patch a tire every 6 months or so and consider myself lucky to not yet have had a puncture in the sidewall. This is not a problem specific to the SLK, as I've had similar experiences in all my years of driving various cars that called for low-profile, soft-compound performance tires between 18-20".

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250
354 Posts
I haven't had any TPMS trouble in Colorado. We don't see over 98F that much but probably 35-40F degree swings during the day often. Right now the car has winter wheels and tires on it, with non-factory sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.