Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems almost every time after I drive my slk 55, the TPMS alert comes up AFTER I turn the engine off. Is this typical because the tire pressure has increased due to warming of the tires? Or does the TPMS just alert when tire pressure is low? The TPMS doesn't seem to alert when I start the car or when I'm driving or stopped. Just when I turn the engine off.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
not normal. does it specify which tire? that sensor might have a battery going bad

·
97,459 Posts
hmmmm, they are supposed to tell you which tire is misbehaving. try resetting it. procedure in owners manual

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbanks15,

I reset per the owners manual, as you suggested, and it may have fixed it. Need to drive to be sure. Thanks for the info. I'm slowly reading this massive manual.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
hmmmm, they are supposed to tell you which tire is misbehaving. try resetting it. procedure in owners manual
My 09 SLK 350 would only tell me that the tire pressure needed to be checked, it never said which tire it was.
My 2012 SLK 350 displays the pressure for each tire.

·
97,459 Posts
Great! I hope it fixed it. if you make it to our get-together, first beer on you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It worked!!!! I think. I reset it a couple of times; since about two or three days ago I have not had any "warnings". Thanks Jbanks15. One beer in the bank(s).

·
97,459 Posts
keep your fingers crossed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.