Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK250d
117 Posts
Thanks for the tip about all the routes available to download from Ride Magazine.

For R172 owners with Comand only: I've updated my Routes conversion program to convert GPX files from the Ride Magazine site to the correct format for Comand. Download any route from Ride Magazine in GPX format, run my conversion program and the resulting new GPX file can then be copied to SD card and imported to Comand. Please use the latest version 1.09 as noted here.

Regards,
Malcolm

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip about all the routes available to download from Ride Magazine.

For R172 owners with Comand only: I've updated my Routes conversion program to convert GPX files from the Ride Magazine site to the correct format for Comand. Download any route from Ride Magazine in GPX format, run my conversion program and the resulting new GPX file can then be copied to SD card and imported to Comand. Please use the latest version 1.09 as noted here.

Regards,
Malcolm
Excellent Malcolm,
This is what we like, members doing useful stuff :grin:
Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi all, if you are thinking about Touring parts of France Ride Magazine have downloadable maps and information etc.
They are obviously for bike tours but good roads are good roads.
Just go to their web site and click on Routes. 0:)
Interesting fact (well probably not but hey) - I spent a week working at Ride magazine for an article they were doing and in doing so was one of the first people to ride the very first Ducati Monster S4 shipped to these shores! Mid-week it was passed across the building to Performance Bikes who promptly came into the Ride office complaining it wouldn't start. I had the honour of going into the car park to take a look and pointing out to them that you couldn't start it with the side stand down :laugh:

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
Just noticed this thread so I thought I'd post my plans ,
After I sold my holiday house in the Dordogne region of france last year I was planning on expanding my horizons but I've ended up booking my usual Nurburgring trip early July for a few days and realised I can take the opportunity to drive south from Germany to drive the route napoleon then meet my missus at nice airport , that's a result in anyone's book surely , worlds best race track , one of the best roads in the world and the opportunity to do it alone 👍 Woo hoo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts