Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

Anyone know where to buy the screws used in the instrument cluster? I'm taking the centre console cubby out to put a cupholder in and there aren't any screws in there! I suspect they were lost when the previous owner installed a Bluetooth kit.

Thanks.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,681 Posts
items 90? if so, part number in pdf attached. go to mb parts or order on any online site

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Let me know how it works out. Those puppies are easy to lose. I actually tried to get some at my local Parts department after I kept dropping them into the abyss that is the center console taking mine apart. They couldn't seem to find them, and after three tries of "Nope that's not them" I gave up and bought some Phillips head screws at Lowes. You may want to try a specialty hardware store. as long as you match the thread and length you should be OK. I'm guessing that 4.8 x 22 means something. :)

Best Wishes

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, cup holder in and perfect size screws found.

If you're in the UK pop into a Wilkinsons. They do a small bag of screws for £1.99. I filled it up with a selection of every screw they had in the hopes one would fit. The small, black plastic screw they do fits perfectly. If anyone needs it I can try and get the exact size next time I'm in a shop.

They hold the cupholder/console cubby perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts