Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a one-size-fits-all torque wrench that can be used for most of the maintenance works on the SLK? Since I want to buy one, I would like to know what to get but I'm not too keen on spending lots of $$$$ to buy several. I guess the click type is the best but what about the torque range and the size.

Thank you all for the input. :hail:

Gus

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Reactions: GusSLK

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
What Galo said. I've got a "decent" Craftsman (Sears) in in/lbs and a nice SnapOn in ft/lbs. Despite negative reviews on the Craftsman, mine works fine, but I treat it properly. It's also not covered by the lifetime warranty like every other Craftsman tool I own.....

EDITED : Both are "click type".

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
You're better off having 2 - a 1/2 inch drive for the meaty stuff where the accuracy is not tooooo important and a baby one ( 3/8th or even 1/4" drive ) for more delicate fasteners.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I use one for all It only has one setting FT lol :)

(joking of course )
Let's see, convert in/lb to ft/lb...ooops, I broke the bolt :biglaugh: (got the joke ;))

Yah, on in/lb connectors, I generally use "feel" to make sure the fastener is good and snug :tu:

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Let's see, convert in/lb to ft/lb...ooops, I broke the bolt :biglaugh: (got the joke ;))

Yah, on in/lb connectors, I generally use "feel" to make sure the fastener is good and snug :tu:

My FT didnt refer to feet It referred to F* Tight lol

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
:biglaugh: :tu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.