Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catherine and I had to deliver the senior VP to Guelph for a veterinary internship. I had initially thought I would drive her down, through Toronto on the 401 for her first time, and then return via the jump seat (and a bus trip, argh).

While away on yet another pairing, the girls (Cath and Caleigh) hatched the idea to drive the "3" down, chased by the SLK. On the return, Cath and I could enjoy the trip back. So who am I to argue. We decided to deliver Caleigh then retreat to Toronto to get a jump start on the day, to include a side trip to Prince Edward County (aka wine country).

Since we were in the neighbourhood, I reached out to a new member Carlo. Carlo had contacted me to help in importing an SLK from the US; the gent that he is, he'd bought it as a birthday for his wife Carmen. Though we'd corresponded a lot, we'd not yet met.

Carlo and Carmen drove up all the way from Niagara to Toronto at 9AM on a Sunday morning! We had a great breakfast (thanks again you two) with much chit chat and great stories of their recent visit to their home villages in Italy. A super couple...

Without further ado...

Attachments

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...earlier in the week, Caleigh and I were stopping for a sandwich...and she says, "Dad! Did you see the SLK!?" (what a good kid!) "It's silver like Kismet." I figure it could be one of a few I've seen and know... I parked next to it, and see it is also red interior...so I figure it's Fred's 350...nope...a 280. I did leave one of the new and fantastic SLK cards as well as my own...but no contact.

Attachments

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad... I should have takend some interior fotos of C&C's car - it's very nice with the tan interior, sadly no seat heat nor airscarf...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.