Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's official. I took the designo to 150 mph (241 kph) this morning. Foot to the floor and no more.

There's a nice stretch of unrestricted A6 on my way to work and at 7:15 am on a Saturday, there aren't a whole lot of folks on the road. Sooooo, I opened her up. ROCK SOLID!! Even with the Hankook Icebear W300s (which have seen NO action this year...thanks "Global Warming"
)

Next stop...pulley mod

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Good morning Kevin,

did you remove the carpet? It´s making 3 or 4 km/h :biglaugh:

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure you don't miss one of those 120 signs. ;) and have fun
Yeah...I got "flashed" this last Wednesday in my wife's car. I saw the 130 sign, but missed the 100. :mad: I was pissed the rest of the night.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the flash and have fun on the Autobahn.
Mo...I think you misunderstood. My wife didn't flash me (She hasn't done THAT in public for years...lol) I got flashed by the German Polizei...130 in a 100...ouch!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Mo...I think you misunderstood. My wife didn't flash me (She hasn't done THAT in public for years...lol) I got flashed by the German Polizei...130 in a 100...ouch!
:biglaugh: Some of the German girls I saw there isn't too bad, wished I got flashed on the autobahn too. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I also hope your not talking mph, cos you know the signs are in km/ph right? Haha! if so i don't think german jails are as bad as nevada.

If so you could try to tell the judge. "Oh I thought you changed it to MPH, after we won the war" lol k, don't say that.. Honestly.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Sorry, I was happy; because I thought you had your ecu flashed and a pully upgrade. anyways take it easy and dontworry on the camera, No one is perfect and everyone learns from his/hers mistakes.:)

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
@ low flying Kevin: Great that your car runs so much! If you are considering a pulley mod don't forget a larger intercooler for the compressed air. It gains some additional horsepowers and keeps the air cooler for combustion.

@ easty: In Germany you don't see a judge so fast because of driving failures. The jails here are only for dangerous criminals. So driving too fast is not a criminal offence (Straftat) but only an administrative offence (Ordnungswidrigkeit).

I generally follow a plus-20-km/h-rule. That means driving too fast up to 20 km/h to the given limit costs about 35 €, if you are flashed. Everything faster cost more and you collect points as a German citizen in a central register in Flensburg (North Germany). As a final consequence you can lose very fast your driving licence.

Kevin, you might become a difficult case (I hope it never happens): An US American driving a car with German registration number ... :confused:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Kevin, you are fortunate that you get to take your car on the type of roads that it was designed for. drive fast, keep the rubber on the road and enjoy it my friend! :tu:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I know bernd I had a couple of tickets when I lived in harmburg, its very similar to the UK. Not from the Autobahn, but from riding the bike in the country side, I was just joking..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
all this autobahn talk makes we wish I could buy another SLK and get EDP Just for like the couple of days i would get in Germany to get on that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bernd, unfortunately, the German government is up to speed dealing with us Americans. Even with the military registration system, you can bet that you'll receive all the penalties and points as long as there was film in the camera. I've had a few friends lose their license for 30 days after such events. I also follow the 20 k rule to avoid the points as much as possible. And like Easty, seem to have more troubles with my motorcycles on the wonderful back roads more than the Autobahns in the SLK.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bernd, unfortunately, the German government is up to speed dealing with us Americans. Even with the military registration system, you can bet that you'll receive all the penalties and points as long as there was film in the camera. I've had a few friends lose their license for 30 days after such events. I also follow the 20 k rule to avoid the points as much as possible. And like Easty, seem to have more troubles with my motorcycles on the wonderful back roads more than the Autobahns in the SLK.
Good to see you again Brad! Are planning to attend the meet up North?

I normally use a 10-15 kph buffer. I got this one in the wife's Vue not paying attention. It will catch up to me, I'm sure of it. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good to see you again Brad! Are planning to attend the meet up North?

I normally use a 10-15 kph buffer. I got this one in the wife's Vue not paying attention. It will catch up to me, I'm sure of it. :(

Are you talking about the one on 23 Mar? If so, that would have to be a no. I'll be tied up at work again, same reason I've been absent for the better part of the last month.

I can't believe the wonderful weather we're having now, debating whether to drive the SLK or ride a motorcycle to work this evening. No cameras between here and work!!!

I had once gotten a ticket for 99 in a 70 zone in my SL where I missed the sign and actually was relaxing and, I thought, obeying the speed limit for a change. They sent the ticket to my command and it showed up as I was transfering over here. The commander sent it back saying that I had PCSd. Before I received it at my new command, I had taken it out of the military system and re-registered it in the German system. The ticket never caught up to me, assuming that with the car out of the system, they figured I'd left the country. That was the worst I'd had here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.