Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work yesterday, the weather was awesome, so I put the top down. Fortunately, I kept the windows up this time.

After about 5 minutes, I drove through a swarm of bees and probably wiped out about 20 on the hood and windshield. Fortunately, I was going about 30 at the time, which was fast enough that the airflow kept any of them from getting into the cabin with me.

This still freaked me out as I am very allergic to bee stings. I was on pins and needles for about another 5 minutes until I was certain I didn't have any vengeful bees in the cabin.

Glad to have a bottle of Quick Detailer waiting for me when I got home.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
whew!!! keep that bottle in your trunk!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep an epipen at work and at home. Guess I should put one in the car since I'm doing so much top down now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. Just checked the labeling on my Epipen. It says to store at 77* F. "Excursions" permitted upto 86* F.:td:

Guess I won't be storing an Epipen in the car.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
The bee population here in the mid-west is dwindling and rent a hive companies are springing up to help out area farmers. Rent-A-Bees do not work cheap since they are organized labor ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow. Swarm of bees? (I've never seen a beehive, I can't imagine how a swarm would look.)

That is scary. Worse that happened to me was bird sh** almost landing inside. It barely hit the top of window where the roof component connects to.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Hmmm. Just checked the labeling on my Epipen. It says to store at 77* F. "Excursions" permitted upto 86* F.:td:

Guess I won't be storing an Epipen in the car.
Epi-pen should be kept within your reach 100% of the time if possible. May I suggest a small cooler in the car and keep the epi-pen inside the cooler, perhaps use a re-useable cold pack during the summer. It may be somewhat of a chore but a LOT better than getting the severe allergic reaction or anaphylaxis.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Crazy stuff but for me it would have to be spiders for me to freak out... I'd rather deal with 10 bees than 1 spider. Of course if if was allergic I would feel the same way I'm sure.

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
Hmmmm.....by my handle you would think I would know this, but I wonder if the "Stinger" from a bee could scratch the paint whilst using a detail spray?????

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Q. What's the last thing to go through the bee's mind before it hit your car?
A. Its arse :tu:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
... tape the epi-pen to your cellphone... that way you won't lose the pen and it will always be within 5 ft. of you.

... got stung by a wasp/hornet whatever... when I was on my Ducati once... it flew down the back of my collar of my race jacket and hit me about 2-3 times. I think it was flat dead tired after fighting me off!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
The bee population here in the mid-west is dwindling and rent a hive companies are springing up to help out area farmers. Rent-A-Bees do not work cheap since they are organized labor ;)

Thats London Cockney rhyming slang for money. Bees and Honey

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Quick detailer??.......

Driving home from work yesterday, the weather was awesome, so I put the top down. Fortunately, I kept the windows up this time.

After about 5 minutes, I drove through a swarm of bees and probably wiped out about 20 on the hood and windshield. Fortunately, I was going about 30 at the time, which was fast enough that the airflow kept any of them from getting into the cabin with me.

This still freaked me out as I am very allergic to bee stings. I was on pins and needles for about another 5 minutes until I was certain I didn't have any vengeful bees in the cabin.

Glad to have a bottle of Quick Detailer waiting for me when I got home.
YES a SCOTCH and COKE on the Rocks.......is also a Quick Detailer after your Bee Ordeal.......Cheers Pete:Beer:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
SBG...please please quit throwing one liner openings.. (dead tired etc...) lol

and Pete...Scotch...with coke...is why the Brits sent you all south in the first place! It's a crime! lol We had Ozzie friends whilst on exchange with the USN in California. On one of our first get togethers the Mrs asked for a Scotch and coke. I asked if she meant rye and coke; nope. Excused myself and went to the store for a bottle of Johnny Walker; returned, grabbed an indelible marker and put her name on it. "This is for you, when you're over"

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
SBG...please please quit throwing one liner openings.. (dead tired etc...) lol
is okay if I throw out 2+ liners then? I don't want to be on the hook for anything. I'm not trying to fish around for 1-liners but I get waves of punchiness when it's late and I'm posting these comments.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
My dad used to tell a story about cruising the winding country roads of Wisconsin on a nice summer day in his Lincoln. He was driving fast and my mother yelled at him to slow down, of course he didn't and took a curve too fast and rolled the car into a ditch. No injuries, but a grass stain on my dads shoulder (window was open) and of couse mom is pissed. Car landed back on the wheels, lots of damage but still drivable, windshield gone, they are driving home and run through a swarm of bees with no windshield. Lots of injuries then and mom never let my dad off the hook on that one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts