Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just HAD to post this... finally some nice weather over here so I had my first ever (in my life!) chance to drive top down, music up and duuudddeeeeee... IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :bannana::rb:Banane41::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:

Barely driven it with the roof on since hehehe! And for the record, the soundtrack for my first top down, music up drive was... Blondie! Y)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,513 Posts
Top Down Blondie!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you had 'Rip Her To Shreds' on :)
I didn't on the album unfortunately!!! :eek: That was a Greatest Hits album, but I do have Rip Her To Shreds somewhere... class song- reminds me of one of 2 people I could rip to shreds hahahaha! :tu:

·
Banned for no reason !!!
305 Posts
Nice one :tu: Interesting on the music how it sets your driving mood .

I seem to be stuck in a time warp of the oldies ,this modern rap crap and bum de bum de bum stuff jeeez no wonder the youth are dim ..

If i am cruising sea front with the sun blasting its Beach Boys , If say inland cutting across the island its oldy classic mix. like the ,Hollies , 4 seasons, etc.

If i am in what i call a buzz race mode its , Led Zeppelin , Yes , Maybe a blast of Deep Purples , Woman from Tokyo ,and then its playtime and time to see what the engine can do :tu:

And NO i am not against the young ,before you tell me Not all young are dim , i know that lol Rumour has it there is a couple still free thinking clever hard working ones being produced lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one :tu: Interesting on the music how it sets your driving mood .

I seem to be stuck in a time warp of the oldies ,this modern rap crap and bum de bum de bum stuff jeeez no wonder the youth are dim ..

If i am cruising sea front with the sun blasting its Beach Boys , If say inland cutting across the island its oldy classic mix. like the ,Hollies , 4 seasons, etc.

If i am in what i call a buzz race mode its , Led Zeppelin , Yes , Maybe a blast of Deep Purples , Woman from Tokyo ,and then its playtime and time to see what the engine can do :tu:

And NO i am not against the young ,before you tell me Not all young are dim , i know that lol Rumour has it there is a couple still free thinking clever hard working ones being produced lol
Sounds similar to my music taste tbh hahaha! Although mine does stretch also to the "modern rap crap and bum de bum de bum stuff" on occasion!! :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Now I've DAB radio I find myself listening to Absolute ..Rock and 80's and re living my youth in an open top sports car !!
Midlife crisis springs to mind ..or so my staff tell me lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like the DAB radio ... Great choice of stations from old stuff to new to listen to.
Then have all my albums on a USB stick plugged in ..... Best of both worlds, music on loud whether the top is up or down :D :hb: :hb: R)

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Real age or mental age?
Jeez...there's about 35 years difference with mine! :D

As for driving music...Bowie, Thin Lizzy, Bon Jovi, Motorhead, Queen, UB40, Meatloaf, Rainbow, Deep Purple, **** and Roses, The Doors, The Who, The Stones, and I'll stop there. You get the idea! :D

EDIT I can't say the four-letter word for weapons that go bang and shoot things? Now that's funny! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,665 Posts
Start with

then

a time honoured driving classic ....

slow it down a bit with

bring it into the modern era with

and then blow it all on

And if you still have a licence I suggest you pull over for a bit and listen to.......

( we shall overcome )

:) :) :)

btw I'm over 50!

Learned to drive on dirt airfields while my dad was flying sailplanes, sideways in a V8 5 litre Chevrolet Ranchero pick up was normal. Graduated to 'twoc'ing my parents vehicles occasionally, V8 capri peranah ( scary quick ) old 200 series (?) Merc, v4 corsair etc.

First car was a Fiat 850 spyder. Hand rebuilt that little rocket. 3 trees a barbed wire fence and a railway line put paid to it.

Alfa Romeo 2000 executive, best damned car I ever owned until it put a conrod through the block at almost 200 kph on the motorway up from Durban.

Then there was the Passat station wagon 5 speed. Drove it 3200 km in a weekend. Capetown Joburg, Sun City and back . ( Friday after work to Sunday afternoon ) with a live Queen concert in the middle. I had an argument with a train some time later in it at over 100 kph ........ train won.

Had a tyre go on my 7 series beemer. Was doing over 200 kph at the time. Almost a non event. Damn that was a nice car, Drove my beautiful new wife off on honeymoon in it. 22 years ago!

How the hell did I get on to all that?

Ah, yes just thinking how good music and a great car can form focal points in your life; about age and how in today's health and safety conscious, over cosseted environment all the fun that kids miss out on with cars.

I've been damned lucky ( in every sense ) in that regard.

Sorry about the thread drift!

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
...I had a similar drive home today - top down, and music up (the second Alpine amp has now been squeezed in the front electronics bay) - I keep my ipod on random, mainly (99%) rock and metal and I'm sure the guy behind me was enjoying Judas Priest as much as me..!!

Cheers
Sean

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Blondie!

Just HAD to post this... finally some nice weather over here so I had my first ever (in my life!) chance to drive top down, music up and duuudddeeeeee... IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :bannana::rb:Banane41::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:

Barely driven it with the roof on since hehehe! And for the record, the soundtrack for my first top down, music up drive was... Blondie! Y)
I love Blondie. I saw Blondie in concert in Durham (NC) two years ago at the DPAC. Harry's vocals were still amazing!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts