Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah. I love convertibles. I love hardtop convertibles. I love my SLK32. Girls love my SLK32. Girls don't always love top-down motoring because the wind musses their hair.

So.

I raise the windows, which works marginally, but behind me, the mesh wind blocker does noooothing... Can anyone recommend some solutions? I've seen the glass/acrylic/plastic(?) windblockers online. I don't especially like the look of them, is that an adequate solution does anyone know a stylish solution that works better?

Sound off if you know!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
Try taking it slow and easy the girls will enjoy it more than a fast ride :biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)When riding in a convertible, top down, one can expect some turbulence. I ride top down, windows down, no factory mesh or after market wind sceeen. All down or nothing, but that's me.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
:)When riding in a convertible, top down, one can expect some turbulence. I ride top down, windows down, no factory mesh or after market wind sceeen. All down or nothing, but that's me.
:Beer: :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
The OEM Clear Plastic Windscreen is outstanding for the R171 and keeping the turbulence at a minimum with the windows up. Keep an eye out on here and you can get a used one for a decent price, but you have to move fast. I think that list is $650, but I found one on here for about $350. There are also several aftermarket ones like Windrestrictor (Site Sponsor) that are less expensive than that, but I have no experience with them.

Reactions: Kyngfish

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Mrs has a collection of "Grace Kelly scarves" for drives. Suggest you grab a couple (hey, guys can shop for chick stuff) and gift them - especially if you are seeing more than one gal at a time!

Marykay? MustangSally?

Perhaps move to the ladies' thread Jeff? wink

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
Mrs has a collection of "Grace Kelly scarves" for drives. Suggest you grab a couple (hey, guys can shop for chick stuff) and gift them - especially if you are seeing more than one gal at a time!

Marykay? MustangSally?
Love that idea John! No excuses then for future dates! Mrs is very fortunate...you sure know how to treat the ladies!

BTW, Preston better never call a cab for a date because I make sure he has hair ties and a brush in his glove box for the girls...too young for scarves! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.