Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I am new here, but not to automotive forums. I've spent a few days doing some background research for a project I'm contemplating, but am having some trouble coming up with some basic answers. My project would be based on an R170 slk230 kompressor. Can someone tell me what the tooth count is on the flywheel for the crank position sensor? How about the tooth count for the cam while we are at it? Thanks in advance for any help and I'll be looking forward to the day when I can contribute.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,540 Posts
I'm not going to count em :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff! If the resolution was a little bit better that would do it. There is usually a missing tooth or two to reference TDC. I can't quite make out the upper left area. I will search for a better image of that pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, intros will be my next stop. I also used google again and found a countable image on eBay. The tooth count is what is referred to as a 60-2 Good news for my purposes

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,540 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,802 Posts
I might know someone here in California who has the exact same SLK 230 with manual transmission & low mileage and they may be selling it soon. Send me an email it's in my signature below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.