Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just accepted a position with a local powersports dealer (whom I'm in well with) and will be leaving my current industry that I've been in for the last 10 years.

The good news is that I'm saving my sanity!! Work was getting to the point I was bringing it home with me and that never made me happy in the least. I'm stepping away from all of that though and will be in a significantly lower stress environment.

The bad? I took a pay cut. It was something I've thought about for the past year and finally decided it was no longer worth being upset all the time for the extra money. I'm still waiting to see how things pan out as to whether or not I'm going to keep the SLK or liquidate some of my other toys to keep it.. first world problems, ya know?

In all reality though this is a good move for me and will be a slight lifestyle change. I'll have to fly business class instead of first when I take far away climbing trips. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Congratulations. Always good to put your happiness in front of mere money! I hope it works out, who knows your pay maybe even higher than it was once you get things worked out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When everything settles down and I'm really in the position I should end up earning more money, but that's likely a year or two down the road. I was really surprised when I wound up with this job offer though because it was something I had pitched to them six months or so before and never heard anything back until there was a phone call for a meeting to discuss it and present my plan in more detail. I managed to throw together a presentation literally overnight and landed the deal though.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Congratulations on the move , hope you enjoy your new job !
Bear in mind , with a better , less stressfull job / life , the SLK has got to be the icing on the cake , to make life perfect !!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Any ex military guy will tell you, you can two years standing on your head. For part of it, you'll be learning a new job/industry to some degree. Enjoy the "space" your new job gives you. Best of luck, I hope it all falls into place for you.

Do not sell the SLK!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes with your new "adventure!"

As long as you have your health, good food to eat, a place to call home, and an SLK - everything else is bonus!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
One cannot place a price on personal peace and contentment. Hope it works out well and you get to keep the SLK.

·
fastdawg
4,382 Posts
Congrats on the new job, hope it works out for you. Don't forget we have a Mid-West get together in Indy on the 26th of April (25th if you come and stay on friday night).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to this and the fact that I only have 2 days left for this job.

If I still have the car then (and possibly even if I do not) I'll come down and meet up with you guys. I just live about 30 minutes north of Indy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts